all posts post new thread

The Wolf

jbreitinger

First Post
I'm new to the thread and to the Wolf Program. I'm wondering if I should do all three days of the program consecutively or with a day between. If there is a day between, what type of work would complement the Wolf?

I'm new to the thread and to the Wolf Program. I'm wondering if I should do all three days of the program consecutively or with a day between. If there is a day between, what type of work would complement the Wolf?

I don't see where Geoff specifically addresses those questions in "Kettlebell Hard" where I have "The Wolf".

But I have a few other Geoff Neupert programs, I will say almost certainly this is meant to be done on non-consecutive days.
On in-between days I think Geoff would recommend no more than light mobility work.

I don’t think you’ll feel too well if you do it 3 days in a row, it’s brutal. I definitely needed a day in between each session. Definitely

What goes well with the Wolf is rest.

No, there should be at least one day off in between. So, you could do something like Monday - Wednesday - Friday.

@Geoff Neupert covers what else to do is his FAQ section. Page 59 in my PDF. He recommends what else to do - such as off days, and how to combine Hard! programs with barbell and bodyweight training.

Without spilling the beans, Geoff says walking, joint mobility, stretching.

Doing it as a chain might somehow make it worse, as you're switching from one exercise to the other each rep. The reps might be better, but the fatigue sets in the 4th time around the chain. It's one of those programs, where, I had complete anxiety in between sets, knowing the pain I was inflicting. Weeks 3 and 6 are awful. Great times.

Doing it as a chain might somehow make it worse, as you're switching from one exercise to the other each rep. The reps might be better, but the fatigue sets in the 4th time around the chain. It's one of those programs, where, I had complete anxiety in between sets, knowing the pain I was inflicting. Weeks 3 and 6 are awful. Great times.
Brian, I’ve seen you mention chains a few times. I recently tried C&P&FSQ as a chain compared to a complex. Massive difference, much more taxing. I’m going heavy so switched back to complex style but will remember that in future.

The wolf as a chain? Sadistic!

Back
Top Bottom