all posts post new thread

Kettlebell This 70s Show Will Take Brains, Brawn, and B---s

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Seattle 70

First Post
Good evening. I'm a 'special needs' new, older member hoping for some good advice in transcending the hurdles I face. Age: 73. 6', 180#. Good starting core strength from my home 'prison workouts' (body weight plus chin up bar). Main handicap to S&S: a sprained right knee that's taking its time healing. No TGU, I'm afraid. Deep squats are also beyond me.

My starting equipment will earn a few jeers. The only kettlebells I could find, at first, were a five-pound and a tenner. Undaunted, I started off without worrying about the weight size, but concentrating on the form and acquiring some sense of the hip hinge. Currently, I have orders placed for the following weights: 15, 20, 25, and 30. Come fall, I plan to have 35-50# kettlebells.

My starting question: can any of you suggest an alternative routine to the TGU for a committed but hobbled SOG (Slightly Older Guy)? Cheers--and nice to meet you all.

@Seattle 70, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

In your place, I’d seek out some one-on-one instruction, online if in-person isn’t an option.

-S-

I'm assuming you are in Seattle. One of our Master Instructors, Andrea U-Shi Chang, is in Seattle and owns Kettlebility Gym. Andrea was one of my Master Instructors at my SFG II.

FUELhouse is a StrongFirst Gym in Seattle with several SFGs on staff. The owner/lead instructor, Molly Kieland is a highly regarded SFG II with several other SFGs on staff!

I guarantee you will not go wrong with either gym. They are dedicated to the StrongFirst principles and will be able to assess you and put you on a strong program to ensure you a strong TGU and all around strength, mobility, and fitness.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom