all posts post new thread

Old Forum Total Package or S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NJBill

Level 1 Valued Member
How do the Total Package Template and S&S differ in terms of expected results for GPP?

Is Total Package more appropriate for after you have reached at least the Simple goal for S&S?

Thanks in advance.

- Bill

The total package program is basically the old (but not the old old) PM, in principle, with more stuff added. I think it's best when you have some reasonable strength levels and can train instinctively pretty well. If you're not already able to meet the simple standard, I would do that first. Probably won't take more than a few months if you follow the book as written, then if you want to switch, go ahead.

I would also recommend S&S first. Only because it is simple, easy to implement every day, etc. After a couple months, you will know if the added complexity of the Total Package is something you need.
Or when you get to the simple goals, might be time to mix it up a little anyway. You can do the Total Package template a number of ways. I personally think this summer I may run it by picking two or three heavy barbell movements for the strength work, and use KB ballistics for all the conditioning.

It depends on your goals. For GPP S&S is pretty hard to beat. Cover a lot of qualities with only two exercises.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom