all posts post new thread

Bodyweight train hard

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

shon

Level 1 Valued Member
I'm trying to practice handstands. Need to get a good static hold before i can move on to free handstand pushup. also trying to get good form on a handstand hold. Can't do a free handstand, but want to get there eventually. Will parallettes be useful tool to practice with?

@shon, you might want to search on "parallettes" - if you search here, it gives recent posts a higher priority, so try that, but also try going to Google and using this:

parallettes site:strongfirst.com

-S-

Parallettes are a great tool but as recommended above I would first work on your holds on your hands. You can begin with holds at the wall (walk up the wall and get as close as possible facing the wall), then progress to handstand holds using assistance like a thick band or barbell on a rack. Place the band or bar high enough that if you were to kick up into a handstand that it would be behind your knees or calves to give minimal assistance or feedback and better mimic a freestanding hold.

I'm trying to practice handstands. Need to get a good static hold before i can move on to free handstand pushup. also trying to get good form on a handstand hold. Can't do a free handstand, but want to get there eventually. Will parallettes be useful tool to practice with?

Gold Medal Bodies has an excellent (and free) training program to achieve a good handstand.

The Best Handstand Tutorial Ever Made.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom