all posts post new thread

Training and mental health journey

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Journey2022

First Post
Been on a journey for the past 6 months. Alot of past trauma caught up and stopped taking care of myself. The last 3 months have been working hard to get it back on track. Would like to share how my new approach has been making a difference. Every single choice and exercise came more out of what do I want and authenticity on why. I chose the l sit to pseudo pushup. Handstand push-ups. Variations of pullups. Very slow or very fast. Pushing and pulling sled with an occasional one arm snatch. I learned insecurity can be covered up as vanity. Also been working consistently in martial arts and running and swimming. Me approaching everything as how I can better my mental health and get better at sticking to a flexible program and not stray away, while sticking to these exercises no matter what but playing around with reps or tempo. Physical exercise specifically used for mental health I have seen my best results and am the strongest and fittest I have ever been and the best I have felt in a long time combined. I hope this may inspire someone's perspective on why or how. Exercise, reading quality books and poetry and keeping life more simplistic in many aspects of life not just exercise is making an impact.

@Journey2022, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

I have taken the liberty of moving your post into our training log section since it reads like the first post of what will continue as a chronicle of your journey.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom