all posts post new thread

Old Forum Turkish get up- improvement in arm bar defense

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Erik Duarte

Level 1 Valued Member
I have been on the simple and sinister program for about 3 weeks now. Taking it very slow. Still on the 53 lbs kettlebell. I've noticed an improvement in defending against the arm bar. I feel alot of this improvement is due to practicing the TGU.  My arms are stronger in the sense of being able to resist being pulled down for an arm bar less often. Fellow fighters have also commented on my strength while rolling. I see a significant improvement for three weeks time. How I have improved on the simple and sinister program in three weeks? Much more shoulder stability and smoothness when practicing the turkish get up. Better groove on the kettlbell swings also.

I have been training with experienced mma fighters and was asked about what kind of training I do. I just mentioned the Turkish get up and showed them on youtube. Also told them about this website.

Nice. I love S&S and it has improved my conditioning and power in Enshin Karate (your Dad still a Sensei right?)

Yes he is but he is too busy with work at the moment to teach. Also one of his students is having terrible back problems. ( The student blames this to heavy, improper power cleans.)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom