all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Two Questions on Naked Warrior

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kozushi

Level 7 Valued Member
I may be a bad reader but I have a couple of questions about Naked Warrior:

1. Once I've developed the strength to handle both exercises, how many sets of how many reps am I supposed to do them per day???

2. Can I follow the Naked Warrior alongside the S&S programme??? If so, any advice?

Also, I'd like to add that I'm just as or maybe even more impressed with Naked Warrior as with S&S. Sure, S&S uses more muscles and is more explosive - I get that - it's the "go to" programme if you have a place to put your equipment. However, the kind of awesome strength and appearance and also the amazingly short time commitments necessary for Naked Warrior make me wonder if maybe some people choose to follow it over S&S, even though they do have space for kettlebells in their home???

I can't quite get all the way down on the pistol squat, but I can do single hand single leg pushups. By Jove (haven't seen that one in a while eh?), what a healthy, fun, amazingly effective, just totally awesome programme!!!

Before reading your books I was a fat, ugly, lout. Now I'm like a teenager again - trim, but much much stronger than ever! Terrifically strong! I LOVE BEING STRONG!!!

1. Vary it. Using myself as an example, yesterday I did about 7/8 sets of 2-3 OAPUs with my feet on a box about 1ft off the floor, and 3/4 sets of 4-5 from the floor. Then today, I had a slightly easier day; maybe 10 sets of 3 on the floor. Tomorrow could be totally different. Vary it as much as you can, and GTG could be effective for you for years.

2. Yes. But I'd personally consider reducing your get-ups to twice per week (swings as written), as it is something of a press which could hamper your OAPU progress. I take this idea from Pavel's article on 'the cost of adaptation' (search it - great read).

I share your love of NW. It was my introduction to Pavel's work and strength training in general. It's pure gold.

1. Vary it. Using myself as an example, yesterday I did about 7/8 sets of 2-3 OAPUs with my feet on a box about 1ft off the floor, and 3/4 sets of 4-5 from the floor. Then today, I had a slightly easier day; maybe 10 sets of 3 on the floor. Tomorrow could be totally different. Vary it as much as you can, and GTG could be effective for you for years.

2. Yes. But I'd personally consider reducing your get-ups to twice per week (swings as written), as it is something of a press which could hamper your OAPU progress. I take this idea from Pavel's article on 'the cost of adaptation' (search it - great read).

I share your love of NW. It was my introduction to Pavel's work and strength training in general. It's pure gold.
THANK YOU! That is very precise and terrifically helpful information! I had no idea what to expect. THANK YOU! I'll follow it, starting today!

I am so impressed with Pavel's work! How come no one else figured this stuff out??? Once I read the books it seems all so blindingly obvious - but I suppose SO obvious that I wouldn't ever have let myself think in any way that would have led to anywhere near approaching to the kind of conclusions he came to. Like - only TWO EXERCISES??? I never would have in a million years thought so! Also, to do exercises (like the pistol and one arm one legged pushup) that are impossibly hard at first! What a brainwave - do stuff that's HARD TO DO!!! DUH!!! Of course! I never thought of it! My body is now my gym - REALLY! It changes your life! I'm very strong, fit, healthy, don't get sick, feel great. What a change!

1. Agree with Harry's insight. The "F" that often geta overlooked in grease the groove is "fluctuating" you should avoid pushing the envelope

2. I once did an S&S-NW hybrid 2 strict days of NW and 2 strict days of S&S and one variety day

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom