all posts post new thread

Old Forum Two vs one handed swings in S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

immerman

First Post
S&S seems to prescribe working toward exclusively one handed swings after technique gets "solid". It also says that two handed offers opportunity for more power production, and that overspeed eccentric should be limited to two handed swings. Since we start with a mixture of types, it doesn't simplify to work toward one handed eventually, so why not stay with a mix of the two, concentrating on higher weights and overspeed when swinging two handed, and getting the benefits of one handed (e.g., anti-rotation) as well?

Pavel-- Will do. I wasn't intending to change the program, but wanted clarification of a point that was a little confusing to me on progressing the swing. So would you please confirm that I'm reading the program as written correctly that I should:

1) start with mostly two handed swings, and learn to do them with overspeed eccentric technique

2) phase out two handed swings and progress to one handed exclusively as technique and strength improve, and in doing so, also phase out the downward acceleration as not an appropriate technique for the one-handed swing

?

Thanks for the program, and for taking the time to answer,

Bill

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom