all posts post new thread

Off-Topic US Navy Damage Control

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Boosh32

Level 6 Valued Member
This was a sad incident. I was reading the report and discovered an interesting use of kettlebells.

The Navy has completed and released a supplement to its line of duty investigation of the USS Fitzgerald (DDG 62) collision off the coast of Japan June 17. http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=102000

Navy Releases USS Fitzgerald Supplemental Line of Duty Investigation

SUPPLEMENTAL PRELIMINARY INQUIRY AND LINE OF DUTY DETERMINATION REGARDING INJURIES AND THE DEATHS OF SEVEN SAILORS ABOARD USS FITZGERALD (DDG 62) ON OR ABOUT 17 JUNE 2017

40. Five Sailors used a sledgehammer, kettlebell, and their bodies to break through the door into the CO’s cabin, remove the hinges, and then pry the door open enough to squeeze through. Even after the door was open, there was a large amount of debris and furniture against the door, preventing anyone from entering or exiting easily.

40. Five Sailors used a sledgehammer, kettlebell, and their bodies to break through the door into the CO’s cabin, remove the hinges, and then pry the door open enough to squeeze through. Even after the door was open, there was a large amount of debris and furniture against the door, preventing anyone from entering or exiting easily.

When I saw that description in the news, my first thought was that not long ago the authors of the report would probably have felt the need to specify what a kettlebell is.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom