all posts post new thread

Special Events - General What does it mean to be a Master Instructor?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MasterExploder

Level 3 Valued Member
I'm sure this is common knowledge to most but I see the term often from Pavel Macek and Fabio Zonin and I'm wondering what makes a Master Certified Instructor. Is it like Strongfirst Elite? SFG1 & 2? Is it the other certifications they've offered? (Ie. Strongfirst Resilient, Endurance, etc)

Hypothetically speaking if my penultimate goal as I try to grow through this organization was to become a master instructor what would I have to do?

There is some information here but the page doesn't seem to be fully functional. I get a blank page when I try the clickable links for Master, Senior, etc.

OK, hmm... I tried in Edge and it worked.

Then I tried in Chrome again and it worked.

Not sure what that was about... but I did have what was on the screen capture, before!

Ohhhhh ok. I understand now thank you for clearing that up for me
There is some information here but the page doesn't seem to be fully functional. I get a blank page when I try the clickable links for Master, Senior, etc.

Ohhhhh ok. I understand now thank you for clearing that up for me

Well I'm not sure it really answers your question, but it's a start.

And I'm not leadership myself so this is just from my perspective, not any inside knowledge... but the Master Instructors have been with StrongFirst since the beginning of the organization, and even before that, with the preceding organization. They have countless hours teaching StrongFirst principles, leading teams, and participating in moving the organization forward. I've had the honor to learn from 8 of them in person myself at various certification events, and they are all absolutely top notch instructors with an incredible wealth of knowledge!

The Seniors (I've been taught by 5 of the, as well) are equally dedicated and skilled but perhaps not so long, or quite so involved, as the Masters. I'm not sure if there's a different level of participation within the organization.

The Team Leaders (of whom I have met 11) have been selected from Instructor ranks to the leadership position to lead teams at certification events and teach the workshops.

Instructors (SFG I/II, SFL, SFB, and Elite) have earned certification and teach StrongFirst principles in whatever setting they choose to. There's no ongoing involvement required other recertification requirements to keep the cert current, but there is a special area here on the forum for certified instructors, a special area on the web page, and instructors are welcome to write articles or otherwise stay involved. For those who want to "move up" to Team Leader and beyond, the first step is usually to apply to assist at a certification event.

Well I'm not sure it really answers your question, but it's a start.
The article answered enough to better understand the chain of command. I appreciate you taking the time to elaborate. I'd love to be able to give back to Strongfirst one day. Though that's a ways away haha. Thank you

OK, hmm... I tried in Edge and it worked.

Then I tried in Chrome again and it worked.

Not sure what that was about... but I did have what was on the screen capture, before!
All's well that ends well - we always appreciate reports on things that may be wrong, even if they turn out to fix themselves. I had something like that earlier this week, and started a whole email thread with my HQ colleagues about how bad it was that one of our instructors wasn't showing up in the search - and then they all told me they saw him just fine, and the next day, so did I, and no one had changed anything.

Gremlins ....

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom