all posts post new thread

Women's Weightlifting - The Final Attempt Docu-Series

Incredible. I’ve followed Toma for a while and she’s a fierce lifter but seeing Reeves casually throwing 250 lbs overhead like a formality is IN.SANE.

Is that Pyrros at around 5 minutes??? (One of my earliest lifting idols).

Heard he was a technical director for the US team but haven’t seen him in a while.

Last edited:
You certainly follow American athletes more and what's going on at the world level with the competition. Do any of these girls have a shot at a medal at the Olympics. What do you think.

Is that Pyrros at around 5 minutes??? (One of my earliest lifting idols).

Heard he was a technical director for the US team but haven’t seen him in a while.
Yes. And yes, an amazing lifter! My coach still uses his lifting videos as examples sometimes.

You certainly follow American athletes more and what's going on at the world level with the competition. Do any of these girls have a shot at a medal at the Olympics. What do you think.
Good question. As with any meet, it depends not only on how well they train and execute, but who else shows up and how they do. And I've only been following weightlifting through the last Olympics (2020/2021 Tokyo) and that was an odd one. They do win some international medals, and Kate won a silver medal in the last Olympics, so I suppose some have a shot.

Some good news sources are IWF News and Weightlifting House.

I watched a few hours of the women's 49kg European Championship with my daughter this weekend. The weights these little ladies were throwing around was impressive.

So Olivia Reeves had herself quite a day at the World Cup in Phuket, Thailand. Is she the US's best hope for a weightlifting medal in Paris?

(Had to look up the pronunciation of "Phuket"; a little disappointed that it's not what I thought it was.)

So Olivia Reeves had herself quite a day at the World Cup in Phuket, Thailand. Is she the US's best hope for a weightlifting medal in Paris?
Yes, AMAZING. And yes she's our top ranked lifter now. A real medal contender.

Back
Top Bottom