all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed GTG question

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CysoleDean

First Post
New to this concept and trying to understand couldn't find a answer from other posts but might of missed sorry if I did. With the 1-5 rep and long rest periods is it ok to do another exercise during a rest period if it is a other part of the body for example do 5 squats then while waiting can you do a row or press?

thanks

If you're thinking of rest periods, you're probably not being true to the spirit of GTG, which is submaximal intensity and volume spread out over a day.

-S-

yes, as said by Steve, the idea is to do many sets throughout the day, each set way below what you could have done. I´m greasing the groove at the office with door frame pull ups, to work finger and pulling strength. This is how I have structured it:

- The first day I tried my max, which was 4 pull ups.
- every time I go to pee or to the kitchen, I do 1 set of 2 pull ups (so 50% of my max). I end up doing about 7 sets of 2 reps throughout the day.

Under this scheme, I think it is ok to do another exercise between sets. As a matter of fact, The Naked Warrior, which is based on GTG, consists on 2 exercises: pistol squats and one arm push ups. So to your original question, of doing presses or rows between squat sets, my answer would be: yes.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom