all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed The New Jump Rope Cross Rope Thread

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

Denys Carthusian

Level 5 Valued Member
After a long period of rehab, I'm ready to begin rope jumping again with my new Cross Rope I bought last summer (and never used because its winter in the Great White North currently) so I thought this would be a good opportunity to restart the discussion. I am a rope jumping fan for all of the previous reasons mentioned, and I believe Gray Cook is on record for being a fan as well. The cross over moves actually duplicate some Original Strength moves Tim Anderson has been doing recently.

I went to edit my post from earlier today on the other jump rope thread, but it's now closed for some reason. I was going to point out that probably my most used rope that I recommended in that earlier post, the 7mm PVC Hererope, is currently $12.99 on Amazon, and there are lots of other basic ropes available that are relatively inexpensive, but as good as anyone would ever need. So for anyone considering giving jumping rope a try, don't feel you have to invest a lot money in a rope.

I went to edit my post from earlier today on the other jump rope thread, but it's now closed for some reason. I was going to point out that probably my most used rope that I recommended in that earlier post, the 7mm PVC Hererope, is currently $12.99 on Amazon, and there are lots of other basic ropes available that are relatively inexpensive, but as good as anyone would ever need. So for anyone considering giving jumping rope a try, don't feel you have to invest a lot money in a rope.
Prolly my fault it got closed, I got triggered.

I like that style as well, simple and reliable.

I never understood weighted jump ropes until I had one. It really adds a nice little something extra. However, for most of my skipping career I just used whatever. The only bad rope I had was a cheap plastic thing that wouldn't spin properly in one of the handles, but my other cheap plastic ropes worked great.

Back
Top Bottom