all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Micro Sessions

Upintheair17

First Post
Presently, I am trying out kettlebell micro sessions. Five micro sessions that need to be completed anytime during the day

Every day my goal is to complete 75 - 14kg KB swings and one exercise. Hoping to increase the KB weight when it gets easier.

15 KB swings & 15 bicep curls
15 KB swings & 15 deadlifts
15 KB swings & 15 squats
15 KB swings & 15 two handed presses
15 KB swings & 15 prone chest presses

I have all day to complete these five micro sessions

Present schedule is one micro session;

before breakfast,
before lunch,
following afternoon coffee
before dinner
Before bed but not to close

Thoughts ? Comments

Thanks

Presently, I am trying out kettlebell micro sessions. Five micro sessions that need to be completed anytime during the day

Every day my goal is to complete 75 - 14kg KB swings and one exercise. Hoping to increase the KB weight when it gets easier.

15 KB swings & 15 bicep curls
15 KB swings & 15 deadlifts
15 KB swings & 15 squats
15 KB swings & 15 two handed presses
15 KB swings & 15 prone chest presses

I have all day to complete these five micro sessions

Present schedule is one micro session;

before breakfast,
before lunch,
following afternoon coffee
before dinner
Before bed but not to close

Thoughts ? Comments

Thanks
It sounds doable and could be regarded as glycolytic power repeats. I don't think this is optimal long term, but might be a good 6-8 weeks plan.

Are you doing any other training alongside it? And are those 15 reps of grinds done in one set?

You could also do (maybe after this cycle) 2x5 of each grind (Even Easier Strength), and Swings in sets of 10.

For inspiration: Here is how @Adachi implemented a similar idea, but more minimalist:

It sounds doable and could be regarded as glycolytic power repeats. I don't think this is optimal long term, but might be a good 6-8 weeks plan.

Are you doing any other training alongside it? And are those 15 reps of grinds done in one set?

You could also do (maybe after this cycle) 2x5 of each grind (Even Easier Strength), and Swings in sets of 10.

For inspiration: Here is how @Adachi implemented a similar idea, but more minimalist:
Thanks for the links. The 15 2H swings and exercise done in one set. Five sets for the day. Still fine tuning and tinkering with the protocol.

Back
Top Bottom