all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Weighted sleds. Anyone play with them?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

RTBJR

Level 5 Valued Member
About three or four years ago I was working at a gym that during the day the basketball court was a ghost town. So a buddy gorilla glued some smooth carpet on the bottom of my sled and I started having some fun!

Since we moved all the gyms I've been at ... People play basketball on the courts.. So no sled love.

At our new place we have a good sized area for sled work outside- so dusted off the cobwebs and got out the sled. At first, I was concerned, that I'd need to carry a bunch of weights in & out to accommodate the sled. Turns out.. Didn't have that problem. Now its been 3 or so years, so I am older and out of practice. I really only worked with the sled for less than a year(so not a lot of experience). But good gawd, it feels tougher than I remember! Not different by a small margin, very significant.

The thinker in me says, "Well, that makes sense it is harder outside. In the gymnasium the hardwood floor and carpet you have less friction & you are not literally digging a rut into the ground."

The Neanderthal in me says, "Pull, the weight. PULL!"

My wife says, "Maybe your not as strong as you use to be."
(She's my personal motivator)

Anyone else had this experience?

Circa 3-4 years agoIndoors:

Current outside:

I haven't done this but your thinking about the differences between indoor and outdoor make sense to me.

FWIW, I am not as strong as I used to be, but that nugget of wisdom and $2.50 will buy me a subway ride, and that's all.

-S-

I did a prowler only program for a while. There is a pretty big difference between carpet, gym floor, smooth concrete, rough concrete, and pavement in my experience. Rough concrete being the most difficult to pull on. What I liked about the program is the lack of eccentric loading and speeding recovery day-to-day and workout-to-workout.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom