all posts post new thread

Lee's Training Log: SFG1 Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Today's session:
Continuous swings 70 28kg
TGU 5x1 36kg (Under 10mins)

Swings: Felt good, 10 more than 3 weeks ago, my all time PR is 80 when Iwas doing ROP, so closing in nicely!

TGU: I've been working the 32kg for the past week trying to keep the times down, but not aggressively. 36kg felt as good as usual, if not better with slightly better technique. I was surprised at how quickly I was recovering between lifts. I would say this felt like 7/10 for effort overall.

Notes: Pushed myself today, I didn't last week as I was still getting used to 32kg swings.

The synergy between the 2 lifts are great, and complement each other beautifully. When my swings improve, my recovery on get ups improves, and vice versa with strength.

Today's session:
OAS 10x10 32kg
TGU 5x1 36kg

OAS: Felt explosive tonight, time went down slightly as I'm recovering a bit quicker between sets.

TGU: I've been seeing some great tips about correct hip hinge, and what to do with your free hand when in the bottom transitions. These 2 were my focus tonight.

Notes: The more I look into the forum and site, the more I see from this fountain of knowledge. It's great to be here with likeminded people :)

Thank you @crazycanuck

I've got the get ups in place and can take anywhere between 10-15mins, but can hit 10 any day if I push it. I'll continue to work on bringing the time down at a comfortable pace.

As for the swings they are improving at a slower rate, my endurance is certainly my biggest opportunity. I haven't pushed the 32kg yet, but would predict about 7mins with a test on how I feel in the sessions on average.

It's great to be able to look back through the logs and see the progress made from the beginning.

And having like minded people like yourself on this forum, putting in the time and consistency. Helps keep me on the path when life gets in the way.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom