all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Farmer's Walk Handle Diameter

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
I was looking at Titan's Farmer's Walk handles and noticed they have a 32 mm diameter. I was expecting 27-29 mm, like a PL bar. What are other brands? Other thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance.

-S-

These are 27mm. Backorder, ship date of 5/13/24 est.
True, that. I wouldn't want those, though. I've never owned Farmer's Walk handles so I'd like to get something mainstream.

Do you know anyone that has a welder? With some pipe and a scrap barbell you can make your own to individual specs.
I do know a welder, but it's a project - I'll just order something, and the Titan looks good. Rogue says it's Schedule 40 1" pipe, Google says that's 1.315" (must be something even in mm).

-S-

I do know a welder, but it's a project - I'll just order something, and the Titan looks good. Rogue says it's Schedule 40 1" pipe, Google says that's 1.315" (must be something even in mm).

1.315 inches converts to 33.4 mm, so I guess about the same as the Titan.

I googled:

Rep Fitness: 32 mm

And please explain the 5" things here:

But wait, there's more:

-S-

1.315 inches converts to 33.4 mm, so I guess about the same as the Titan.

I googled:

Rep Fitness: 32 mm

And please explain the 5" things here:

But wait, there's more:

-S-
And there is even more:

From what I've seen 32mm is something of a standard or close to it.

It's always felt fine to me. It's good to remember the handles don't rotate. I wouldn't compare it to a barbell.

When it comes to the implements, I far prefer top loading ones. They cost a bit extra, but to me it was worth it.

Adds mass to the bar, makes it require less plates, centers it, and makes it a bit nicer if it bangs on your legs.

Plus the cool factor.
FARMERS WALK - for a size small human like me, I think the additional diameter might actually make it more likely to bang into me - does that sound right? Having more weight towards the center seems good, though.

And there is even more:
I am speechless.

When it comes to the implements, I far prefer top loading ones. They cost a bit extra, but to me it was worth it.
I figure that, if I like doing carries like this, maybe the flat plates version would be version #2 for me, but for now, I'm just interested in trying what I see most of these implements look like.

-S-

FARMERS WALK - for a size small human like me, I think the additional diameter might actually make it more likely to bang into me - does that sound right? Having more weight towards the center seems good, though.

I am speechless.

I figure that, if I like doing carries like this, maybe the flat plates version would be version #2 for me, but for now, I'm just interested in trying what I see most of these implements look like.

-S-
I made some a couple years ago. I bought a 4x4x6 post, cut it in half. Then bought some 2" diameter pipes with the fittings that screw to the tops. Then bought a couple other 1" pipes and fittings to make the handles. And it all loads from the top for way cheaper than anything found online.

figure that, if I like doing carries like this, maybe the flat plates version would be version #2 for me, but for now, I'm just interested in trying what I see most of these implements look like.
If you do find a good deal on top loading ones, it is worth it. It is a lot easier to pick when they aren't rolling around.

Back
Top Bottom