all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Friendly challenge to Dan John

brsmnky804

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi Strongfirst Community,

So grateful for the protocols and works of Pavel and all the various progeny. This is a friendly challenge to @Dan John to update the below article with suggestions on integrating Q and D, and AXXE into his strongfirst roadmap as described in the following:

I'm not sure these other programs would support the idea here. The idea, and this was Mike's, to build up a logical progression between the programs (KB dominated).

Since writing this, I think I would be a lot more focused on the "for whom is this appropriate for?" question. This was a fun "Do This" idea but it is really for a narrow band of humanity. And...there's nothing wrong with that, of course. Finally, most people can't finish a single program without amending, changing, adapting, or quitting it. I look at the commitment level of this article and I doubt many could actually string these together.

If I could just get people do DO the programs, as written, continue with the appropriate follow up, and stick with it...hmmm, I'm not sure where I am going with it. My brother has followed 5/3/1 for a decade now and I did a program, without missing or changing anything, for seven years. Maybe it's the wiring? Just a thought...

Imagine if dieters followed the diet!

@Dan John thanks so much for the reply and feedback. Once I surrendered to S and S as it was written I started to enjoy substantial progress and results. I’m closing in on timed simple standard, and I’m eager to understand where to get next as someone who is more endurance focused in pursuit as opposed to a competing power lifter. I love the “simplicity” of ROP so to speak and how detailed it is in layout. When I read Q and D I assumed it was a follow up to s and s but your article made me reconsider that assumption.

@brsmnky804, this article from December, 2023, while not addressing your request to @Dan John directly, might shed some light about some StrongFirst programs and resources for you and anyone else reading along:

-S-

Back
Top Bottom