all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Quick and the dead vs ROP

Are you also doing the swings/snatches as part of ROP?
I’m not doing ROP at all, but I intend to. I’m close to being ready to move on from s and s. Trying to make sense of the programming of rop which for whatever reason is confusing the hell out of me when I refer to the book. I’m unsure what one is supposed to do on the variety days.

I’m not doing ROP at all, but I intend to. I’m close to being ready to move on from s and s. Trying to make sense of the programming of rop which for whatever reason is confusing the hell out of me when I refer to the book. I’m unsure what one is supposed to do on the variety days.
“Main days” are clean and press with optional pull-ups, then swings or snatches.

“Variety days” are optional recommended days, which Pavel suggested things like heavy double cleans, and getups. Page 174 in the book gives recommendations - one day is a light do whatever you want day, and the other day is heavy cleans, getups, and heavy swings or snatches.

However, some people “divide and conquer” by just doing the clean and press (with optional pull-ups) on the main days, then ballistics on the other days, with some getups or windmills thrown in after.

Q&D with snatches would work for something like that divide and Conquer option but I wouldn’t recommend the swing/pull-up combo. If you want to do Q&D same day, you would need to do it first then do your clean and presses.

Last edited:
Got it. This is all very helpful. Just want to make sure I’m building on the insane progress I’ve gotten out of s and s. Did a mtb ride this weekend and had a power endurance gear I never experienced before.

Back
Top Bottom