all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Hip switch with kettlebells

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anth

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello,
In Flexible Steel, Jon talks about doing a drill where you do a hip switch between two kettlebells for support. I think I have an idea of the exercise, but does anyone have any videos or links to better instruction on how to practice it? I searched the internet and I couldn't find one. The closest thing I found was the "program minimum" video that he did with Pavel M.
Thanks!

See if this helps you.

-S-

See if this helps you.

-S-
Thank you!

Relax into Stretch now seems to be almost a collector's item at $50+ used and over US$120 new on Amazon. Could Pavel be persuaded to rerelease it, or even better, make it available on Kindle? Is this a DD issue?

I'm reading Super Joints at the moment (because I could get a Kindle version) but - as someone who is not at all flexible - it gives the strong impression that I would get a lot more from reading RIS first.

Relax into Stretch now seems to be almost a collector's item at $50+ used and over US$120 new on Amazon. Could Pavel be persuaded to rerelease it, or even better, make it available on Kindle? Is this a DD issue?

I'm reading Super Joints at the moment (because I could get a Kindle version) but - as someone who is not at all flexible - it gives the strong impression that I would get a lot more from reading RIS first.

If you have an Amazon Prime subscription, you can watch "Relax into Stretch" on Prime video.

Not exactly from that post, but after researching some more, I think he means using kettlebells like yoga blocks to support yourself with your arms while you hip switch. I was originally wondering if it was something like wedging your feet between them, but I couldn't really see a way to make that one work. arms

Not exactly from that post, but after researching some more, I think he means using kettlebells like yoga blocks to support yourself with your arms while you hip switch. I was originally wondering if it was something like wedging your feet between them, but I couldn't really see a way to make that one work. arms

I'm guess I'm not sure what a hip switch is.

Like a transition from one side to another in a 90 90 stretch?

A cossack squat?

If you have an Amazon Prime subscription, you can watch "Relax into Stretch" on Prime video.
Thanks! I hadn't thought of that at all. We don't have Amazon Prime (in Hong Kong - not many benefits, as far as I can tell) but it seems like I might be able to pay to watch it - I'll have a look.

So a split switch is just a deeper version of the hip switch? That makes sense. Using KBs would enable you to get deeper than a chair.
I believe they are one in the same. Same motion as Engum is doing with the bench in The Minimum vid. Having a bell on both sides of the body allows for a smooth change of direction, or switch.

So a split switch is just a deeper version of the hip switch? That makes sense. Using KBs would enable you to get deeper than a chair.
A chair on both sides would also be a good idea if the bells are too low for a person's flexibility.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom