all posts post new thread

"160 seconds a day keep the doctor away"

masa

Level 10 Valued Member
So, who has done this long period of time and what are the results? Link below:

I'm considering this as a plan B, because my life is busy at the moment. Started S&S today, but if I can't follow it, then I try this.

I did it for several months when the article first came out, and liked it so much I stopped doing it.

It does NOT feel like something that could be done in place of a regular strength practice, but rather to enhance it. I really only stopped doing it because my work got much more busy and now I have a lot of staff around the office, otherwise I found it was a great way to take breaks throughout the day and has very minimal/no recovery required.

If I've been sitting, I take a movement break every 30 min or so.

What I do is varies and depends on what I have to do next and how much time I have.

Some club work, some world's greatest stretch, some weightlifting drills with the stainless steel war bar, walking, etc.

Thanks for the replies, gents! I'm going to try this sometime. Planning to do it in the evening. So busy at work at the moment, that I don't have much time to sit. So that's not the problem. I have to sit in a car a lot, due to long work distances. So I thought that I spare my low back by spreading the swings throughout the evening. GTG-style. But S&S until then. Maybe I stop doing it too, when it feels too good and starts to work. LOL!ROFL

I'm considering this as a plan B, because my life is busy at the moment. Started S&S today, but if I can't follow it, then I try this.
Do you know @Adachi s busy dad protocol? Similar to this, but with sets of 10.

I really like this article, it's useful for me as I work from home.

When I work from home what I do, on top of my morning strength routine, is do 10 sets of squat jumps with light KB (16kg), stomach crunches x10 and sprint in place for 30secs, and I spread all 10 sets throughout the working day (5 days a week).

The main aim is simply to negate the effects of sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day.

The main aim is simply to negate the effects of sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day.
Exactly.

I do this some mornings 3 times when I'm in a certain location. Dunno about lipids etc., but it's a great break.

What I tend to do is pick:
1 mobility movement (ie worlds greatest stretch)
1 strength-mobility movement (i.e. hindu squat)
1 strength movement (ie push-ups)

And do them in small sets rotating through for 3 minutes at a moderate pace (not easy, but comfortable).

I try to do it at least 3 times per day. This is in addition to a morning mobility recharge and actual training for the day if life permits.

Not really meant to replace actual training sessions, but more to counteract the unfortunately necessary sedentary nature of my profession.

Depends on many things such as your work/home environment, clothing, how hot it is, etc.

Jumping rope or crawling for a couple of minutes is another good option.

I prefer doing mobility work with this type of protocol as I tend not to like it but it works well spaced out in the day. World's greatest stretch, birddogs, shoulder dislocations etc.

Depends on many things such as your work/home environment, clothing, how hot it is, etc.

Jumping rope or crawling for a couple of minutes is another good option.

I prefer doing mobility work with this type of protocol as I tend not to like it but it works well spaced out in the day. World's greatest stretch, birddogs, shoulder dislocations etc.
Crawling is familiar movement, that I've done, but I have to start doing that World's greatest stretch.

I did this for two months. 3-5 days a week.
Results:
Energy levels were insane, so much so I had a hard time sleeping at first. Swing technique got very dialed in. Put on some muscle and dropped a bit of fat. Downside was hand care, it made it tough to do much else with a bell. Also, the time domain per hour was a bit annoying. Something like over 4 minutes. I switched to variable greese the groove and I prefer it.

I also did this protocol for a while as written for about 6 months in 2021. My job involves sitting for 8-10 hours a day at a computer. It really works as described. Felt stronger in my swings, lost a bit of fat, helped my body feel more limber (for a time). One thing that I found, was that performing swings and then immediately sitting in a desk chair for another hour really caused my low back to tighten after a while. I remedied this by using a standing desk and standing for about 15-20 minutes after the swings prior to sitting again. This seemed to offset the negative effects I was inducing by going into hip flexion immediately following the swings.

Back
Top Bottom