all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed 2 months left to look good on the beach

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Asking for a friend ;),
let's say you have only two months left before going on vacation in Italy,
and you want to look good (at least better) on the beach.
You are rather strong and muscular, but all this is hidden by a good layer of fat,
with a nice belly... You want to lose some of fat so people could see your muscles.
You also want to keep or not lose too much of you muscle, and keep them "toned".
You can run and use kettlebells. What would you too (maximum impact)?

Let's not talk about diet, but exercises. Assume one day off (Sunday).

Would you:
1) run everyday 1h and do S&S 3 times a week
2) do S&S everyday and run 3 times a week 1h
3) alternate between running 1h and doing S&S the next day
4) run 45min every day, do 200 two hands kb swings
5) run 2 times a week 1h, do S&S 2 times, do run 30min + 200 kb swings 2 times
6) something else?

Thank you
If your skills are well developed and you have access to pairs of KB’s, I’d do KB BURN (Neupert).

I would go for dfw and running for 4 weeks then 10000 swings challenge for the last 4 weeks ;)
I would keep the running at comfortable level and use c/p and squats as the strength movements in 10.000 challenge

But thats me and things i find fun to do

Diet & kb complexes... The complexes still allows you to maintain muscle mass on a deficit, but is metabolically demanding enough

High rep snatch program would be a close second

It’s all about your diet, not your training. You’re going to need to be in a deficit and there are numerous ways of achieving this but consider tracking what you eat and measuring stuff too.

Fwiw, if you’re looking to retain maximum muscle while losing fat mass, do NOT do complexes, pump work or any other stuff like that. Do a low volume but high intensity approach, coupled with calorie restriction.

I’d probably add cardio in the form of easy steady state stuff (walking or cycling) and hold off on any harder cardio until the second month if you need to kick things up a notch.

I'd use hit the target since you're confident in it along with RMF or ph2 strong

Thanks to all. I still have time before my trip to Italy to put all your tips into practice and look great on the beach.

Additional tip:

Go into a substantial salt and water surplus for 2 weeks before you head on your trip.

That will give your body time to diuretically acclimate to the "vacation food and drink" you'll likely be indulging in before you go and you'll be less likely to get bloated when it counts.

Instead, you'll get the bloat before you travel -- but by the time you hit the beach, you'll already be processing at a higher level of water and salt throughput and the bloat will be gone.

Here’s is a beach vacation tip: If your friends have been letting you skip leg day or you have been doing it on your own. When crossing the beach always go in the water up to your waist.
Just train your neck for 8 weeks solid and then just go in the water up to your neck before anyone is at the beach and never re-emerge until everyone has left.

Rite of passage - start half way up so you get volume and peak at week 8

Run - sprint specifically - hard. Sprinting needs muscle.

Not S&S
200 swings is not enough.

Or

10000 swing challenge - perfect cutting program

I’d do the 10K actually

Just do a bodybuilding style program, even with KBs. I've done the same recently and have been SHOCKED at the results. More muscle gain in 3 months than in my entire life. High reps high tension.

Just do a bodybuilding style program, even with KBs. I've done the same recently and have been SHOCKED at the results. More muscle gain in 3 months than in my entire life. High reps high tension.
yeah, bb can dumb down to good form, high tension exercises with higher rep range (RIR < 3).

Is it easy to give an example?

Go old school. Eat less and only healthy food. Do a 5k run and as many pull-ups, sit-ups and push-ups as you can, every day. I'd bet that body has attracted more attention than any other for about the past 250000 years

I have never tried kettlebells using a bench. Do they work well with benches/incline and flat ?
Of course but you don't need to bench to add muscle. Pushups, dips, presses, floor press in the 5 to 30 rep range adds muscle as well as anything.

Is it easy to give an example?
Sure, it's easy. I've been doing push/pull/legs 4-6 x per week, just rotating through all 3 workouts doing as many as I can up to 6 per week depending on schedule.

These are the workouts:

Push:
Dip
Extra ROM Push-up
KB Press
DB Lateral Raise

Pull:
Chin-up
Row
DB Curl
Band Pull Apart

Legs
Bulgarian Split Squat
SLDL
Walking Lunge
Calf Raise

Everything is done for 3 sets of 8 to 15 reps, adding reps every week. Usually the first movement of the day is heavier/lower reps, and things progress from there (eg 3 x 8 for split squats, 3 x 15 per leg for lunges). Isolation stuff like calves, pull aparts, lateral raises etc I use even higher reps, say 15-30.

I've added way more size doing this than any other program, and I've used a lot over the years.

Do built strong minimalist, or S&S, eat only whole foods, don’t eat until you are full, sleep a little hungry. In your off days, you might go for a walk.

The only caveat of my otherwise perfect program is to sound overly simple. :)

Follow the diet plan in this article from
Fabio Zonin.

This is terrific and Fabio is someone to trust. Really interesting, practical, and clear.

Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom