all posts post new thread

Barbell 2X Bodyweight DL Form Check/Feedback

Chase Hines

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi Y’all!

I’ve never really pushed the DL to see where I could comfortably take it. Mostly because I’ve always been satisfied with Z Squats & Z Lifts from the floor as a my main “heavy day” movement.

I did get a little bored about a yea ago & took a step back to focus on some areas that needed attention.

Mainly getting down to weight that felt a little more athletic & getting my knees back to place to where I can do whatever I want with my kids again.

Long story short - Did a bunch of KneesOverToes guy stuff. Pushed/pulled the hell out of heavy sleds. Ramped up loaded carries. Ultimately got bored after achieving what I set out to do and decided that I wanted 2x BW DL. It came to me pretty quickly after about 2 months.

Here’s my 1st attempt at 365 @ 175 BW.

I’d like to hit 4 plates & probably just chill around that for while. I tried 405 after the above & it just wasn’t there yet.

Any feedback or things I could improve upon to
keep me safe as a press forward towards 405?

Edit your vid to slow mo then watch the path of the bar right before you pull..

You'll see some things you can do better :)

*Clue is you want the bar to travel the shortest distance*

Edit your vid to slow mo then watch the path of the bar right before you pull..

You'll see some things you can do better :)

*Clue is you want the bar to travel the shortest distance*
Thanks! Seeing that forward drift as it breaks the ground.

What would you experiment with to help with that?

Wondering if the miss is in the way I wedge or it’s just holding more tension in the lats pulling this way <<<<.

Thanks! Seeing that forward drift as it breaks the ground.

What would you experiment with to help with that?

Wondering if the miss is in the way I wedge or it’s just holding more tension in the lats pulling this way <<<<.
Try adjusting foot placement.. see if bar over midfoot helps

Fairly safe and a good start..
I disagree. It's just good. Back is straight. Hips don't shoot up. Bar path is ok.
The improvements can be endles - yet barely noticeable. Is it worth striving for? A difference between the reps probably will counteract any tweaks.
No, it is not a start. The form is good.

Bar traveling before the pull was still a part of a setup. When he pulled it was mid-foot. But, being honest, it's hard to see from this angle. The angle should be a bit different.

That being said, it is possible to tweak the form endlessly. But should we?

Now, 2 times bodyweight - that is a start. Maybe you meant that.

just make sure the lats/axilla are tight and flex those triceps.You might squeeze 405 up.Otherwise,looks good.

Back
Top Bottom