all posts post new thread

Old Forum 3-5 sets 3-5 X a week question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

srosenthal1111

First Post
Pavel

Just listened to your podcast with Tim Ferriss. Outstanding!

In regard to pushup specifically...if you are applying the methodology of 3-5 sets 3-5 X a week being that each set as you said is about 50% of your max, how much rest in between these sets?

Also, as you increase your strength, am I correct in assuming you continue to increase the reps i.e.: max pushups was 60, set was 30....2 weeks later your max is now 80, so your sets will commence with 40 each?

Thanks again for sharing all the awesome Russian methodology that you have researched. Im a physician assistant student, so all the bio-chem and human physiology you guys spoke about, I actually understand! Yep....H+ ions!!! well done.

Best,

Steven

Brooklyn, NY

Hi!

I might as well add some key points from the litterature that I've read.

*Training for neural strength demands freshness - thus, engage in active recovery for a couple of minutes between sets. For extreme results pick up a copy of The Naked Worrior to learn about "Greasing the groove", which is the set-up where freshness is maximized.

*When it comes to rep range, keep it down around 5 and increase tension instead (either by external or internal resistance). The Naked Worrior is a very good starting point if you fancy bodyweight training. For more focus on abdomen and grip training shoot for Hardstyle Abs.

Best regards, Henke in Sweden

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom