all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 48kg = Beast, what others?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Very cool. Just had to repaint my two 20kg bells as I left them for two years on my river boat. Went with basic black repaint with some batman symbols - cliched but wanted to do it since I seen someone elses. Would like to do something for my beast I'm saving up for

Or perhaps just name the next one "A New Hope"
Too much like Star Wars, then I have to name one "Chewie". Soon to follow would be "The Rancor!" and "Boba Fett" =] Hmm, now that I think about it......

If and when I have a graduation ceremony
24kg = Dedication
32kg = Committment
40kg = Determination

Too much like Star Wars, then I have to name one "Chewie". Soon to follow would be "The Rancor!" and "Boba Fett" =] Hmm, now that I think about it......

If and when I have a graduation ceremony
24kg = Dedication
32kg = Committment
40kg = Determination

Too much like starwars you say? Total coincidence! ;)

Those are too serious for my taste, but very cool. Respect.

Last edited:
Seen this on the CFF site when looking to get a 48kg.

Interesting but again leaning towards naming them myself :)
79.2lb "The Crusher"
40kg / 88.0lb "The Destroyer"
44kg / 96.8lb "The Bull"
48kg / 105.6lb "The Reaper"
52kg / 114.0lb "Big Betty"
56kg / 123.3lb "Goliath"
60kg / 132.0lb "Titan"
72kg / 158.4lb "Dementor

Last edited:
After months of some major life changes and a serious illness I've successfully completed my de-training. I picked up one of my 24's the other day and attempted a military press. If I told you what I called that bell I'd get banned from the site. Looks like I'll be needing those old 16's after all...

After months of some major life changes and a serious illness I've successfully completed my de-training. I picked up one of my 24's the other day and attempted a military press. If I told you what I called that bell I'd get banned from the site. Looks like I'll be needing those old 16's after all...
Try cleaning your 24 kg a bit before your next press attempt - do a few cleans each side, rest, then try your press - hopefully it goes better this way.

-S-

I don't have any heavy artillery like that ^ my biggest is 40 kg & I've just got back to a point where I can MP it.

I tend to downplay them if anyone asks questions about them. They don't have names as such, just a skill level or rating. I walk past them and nudge them with my foot to point them out. I start with the 16 kg and say a teenage boy should be able to press that overhead with one hand, then for the 20kg I say an athletic teenager should lift that. For the 24kg I say a man should be able to lift that. When I get to the 28 kg I say maybe a bloke who does a bit of physical work wold lift that, then for the 32 kg I say maybe a bigger bloke would start there.

When I get to the 40 kg I say you probably won't lift that without a bit of weight training but it's not really a heavy weight just awkward. I'd normally clean the 40 kg at that point and press it in front of them and I can again now so I'll put that back in the standard rundown.

After that rundown most blokes will feel the need to prove their manhood and head for either the 24 or 28 kg bell and attempt to clean it. That look they get on their face when they can't lift it past shoulder height or in some cases past hip height never fails to put a grin on my face.

You guys found my 64kg funny, this is my 55kg. I weighed it on my digital scale, and it is a bit over 56kg. Weird.

image.jpeg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom