all posts post new thread

Barbell A Record I'm Going To Break

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
I'm announcing my intention to break this record. (This could be construed as putting pressure on myself or giving myself motivation - we'll see which it is. :))

The record in the USAPL which is, according to a lot of folks, the most prestigious powerlifting federation. It's for my age and weight class, which they call Masters 3a, which I call M60-64. I'll be 62 or 63 during calendar 2018.

The weight, 172.5 kg, is just over 380 lbs. I pulled 365 lbs. on June 4, 2017 at a WNPF meet. I weighed-in at 147 pounds even, about 1-3/4 pounds lighter than necessary for my weight class of 67.5 kg or 148.8 lbs., and that was with a weigh-in the day before. This will be harder because the weight class is 66 kg, which is 145.5 lbs. and, more importantly, the weigh-in is the morning of the meet, not the day before.

After my November meet, I'll pick a suitable USAPL meet, but not until I train for and complete my next mission, which is 375 or 380 in November.

From the USAPL web site:

Raw Master 3a - Deadlift

Name Weight Date Location
-66 <lifter_name> 172.5 kg 10/13/2016 Raw Nationals 2016

-S-

Steve you've overcome a lot of obstacles in life so I'm confident we'll be seeing your name in that record book. If anyone has a shot at it it's you!

I like the language you use Steve - an INTENTION, calm, implies a plan.

Not an aspiration, nothing as dramatic and speculative as a goal.

Will look forward to hearing about it. All the best.

Awesome goal to set! If you're at the New Jersey Iron Cobbler I might just be there to cheer you on.....

That's the same weekend as the WNPF world's in Florida, which is where I hope to be.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom