all posts post new thread

Programming Improv Advice on programming

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jack Sparrow

Level 1 Valued Member
Hey all I need some advice I am currently battling paralysis by analysis.

Background - I am 40 yrs old ex athlete Currently I have high hip mobility needs so I am tackling that daily through 10-15 minutes of daily mobility work for my hips.

I am looking to build some work capacity, strength and cardio. I am taking my kids to Disney and universal studios (they are young) so long days, and lots of loaded Carrie’s (carrying the kids and their million bags of stuff lol) in 40 days. I am looking for the best prograM get me in quick shape (I know nothing is quick but I do train fairly regularly between strong first and Dan John programming).

My thoughts:
I have done the quick and dead program previous and saw some decent results. I now contemplating either doing that program again or doing a strong first daily swings prograM and the strong first 30 day push-up plan together. I have left out squats bc I figured I am already doing a lot of hip work for mobility. I want a program with push-ups bc for some reason I find them to be one of the best bang for your buck exercises for overall fitness in my opinion.

When I return I will most likely take on a longer strongfirst program

Thoughts?

40 days...

And you still need to be fresh for vacation.

I would pick a 4-5 week volume peaking program, then you have that last week before vacation as a deload week so you go into the vacation with energy.

I had a similar situation where I peaked for competition on May 14, and then went to DC for a week vacation (5-10 miles of walking per day) on May 27. The competition prep carried over into vacation and I just did 2 weeks of de-load before traveling.

I guess the 30 day push-up plan is a peaking program and I viewed the quick and the dead push up and swing protocol as a GPP type training

Hands down im over think everything lol…to be honest I’m in pretty decent shape And know for a fact it won’t be a problem to do the trip with ease. It’s more me chasing a level of ease that probably doesn’t exist or takes years to exist much like I had back in my athletic days (in my eary 20s).

Mostly I’m looking for a good 30-40 day that will have good carry over. When I return from my trip I’ll probably either run east strength or S&S. I’ve run it before (didn’t complete it) - I ran quick and the dead and that was a good program and I had some decent results

For context: what weights are you using when doing S and S?

Most, if not everyone I know who has unlocked and owned timeless simple usually has most of the general physical needs checked off the boxes.

If you have double KBs that are a 5-8RM for the clean-and-press and front squat, I’d be thinking Geoff Neupert’s Dry Fighting Weight or his KB Burn Extreme Reloaded could be good options. The latter would also require 30-40RM 1H swing/snatch bells too. They’re five and four weeks long, respectively.

Admittedly they don’t include your desired push-ups but they’ll get you strong and conditioned (and lean and/or a bit more muscular if you eat appropriately).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom