all posts post new thread

AGT

King kaul

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi, I’m a professional golfer.
I have few questions.

1. Why does my body get sore after 4-5 consecutive rounds of golf? Is it lactic acid? What can I do to reduce this.
2. Can I do Anti Glycolactic Training with sprinting?

22 years old, BW 90kgs, 18% body fat.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I have few questions.

1. Why does my body get sore after 4-5 consecutive rounds of golf? Is it lactic acid? What can I do to reduce this.

You're out of shape and de-conditioned.

You can reduce it by getting in better shape.

If you're in better condition, your ability to clear lactate will improve.

Probably because golf has a lot of forces involved that put strain on your body to stabilise. Reach out and grab a car travelling 60 mph. Well the club head is moving faster than that.

I don’t know much about golf. Are you saying that you’re playing 1 round of golf per day on 4-5 consecutive days? Or 4-5 rounds of golf in a single day? How long are you on your feet? Are you carrying your own gear or have a caddy? How often do you do this?

I don’t know much about golf. Are you saying that you’re playing 1 round of golf per day on 4-5 consecutive days? Or 4-5 rounds of golf in a single day? How long are you on your feet? Are you carrying your own gear or have a caddy? How often do you do this?
1 round of golf a day for 5 consecutive days. On my feet for about 7 hours, 4:30 for the golf round 2:30 for pre and post round practice. I have a caddy. This continues for 4-7 consecutive weeks. Distance walked during this time per day is 12km average.

Hmm, sounds like a fairy active schedule. In your feet that much with 12k (7.5miles of walking) is a pretty active lifestyle. Plus if you’re in the northern hemisphere it’s summer right now, so if that’s in heat and direct sun it will be even more tiring. Mix in repeated explosive rotational movements throughout the day and it’s even more taxing.

I wonder about the rest of your lifestyle and whether it supports full recovery): nutrition, sleep, recovery activities (ie relaxation, mobility, cold treatments), any adjunct training (ie strength training), etc

Plus I wonder about your prep before these 4-7 week blocks. How active are you before hand?

It sounds like a conditioning and endurance thing that you can possibly improve by better recovery focus now and preparation focusing On endurance and work capacity before one of these blocks begins.

I’m reluctant to give any specific advice because A) I don’t golf, B) it’s your profession.

Last edited:
I have few questions.

2. Can I do Anti Glycolactic Training with sprinting?

22 years old, BW 90kgs, 18% body fat.

Thanks!!
What others have said, not lactate, get stronger and improve your motor. Could get on some creatine and beta alanine.

I used to golf a bunch but haven’t golfed for two years.

My first game of the year always brought soreness in my shins (shin splints, kinda), lats, glutes, etc.

But I played my first game in 2 years after working on kettlebell swings and I had zero soreness anywhere other than my shins, which were sore about 1/10th as much as they used to get.

KB ballistics are the real deal. 50-60 golf shots at distance are absolutely nothing compared to 100 KB swings.

Also, I may be wrong but I believe Dan John said the only exercise a golfer really needs are suitcase carries.

Good luck!

1. Golf can cause muscle soreness due to fatigue and micro-tears. Stretching and recovery techniques can help reduce it.
2. Yes, you can combine Anti Glycolactic Training with sprinting for improved endurance and recovery.

Also, I may be wrong but I believe Dan John said the only exercise a golfer really needs are suitcase carries.

I’m an avid golfer, so I took notice when I heard him talk about that recently. I believe he said if he had to pick only one lift for golfers, it would be the suitcase carry. Because of the way it knits your body together and you get a lot of unilateral benefit.

I definitely hesitate to provide any guidance for a pro on the subject as well. But I will say that the summer after I completed Timed Simple, I felt fitter on the course than ever. And I walk during many of my league rounds.

But I would not say it necessarily helped my performance otherwise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom