all posts post new thread

Old Forum Al, Loaded carries

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

dobie

Level 5 Valued Member
Al,

In another post you mentioned you do a fair amount of loaded carries.  What kind of carries?  How much/often?  Thanks for the feedback.

Brian,

I just saw this post ... I answered your question on the other thread.

Why do you ask?

-Al

Al, thanks.

I need some other things to do.  example-farmer walks-30-60 seconds by 5-10 times.  I would thinks works muscles differntly then doing 1 or 2 hand swings.    Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

No, my job is not a physical one.    Goals-very strong, lean, good endurance.  Balanced.  Feel good-not wrecked.  Get generally strong, not really training for anything.  I can do 1 hand swings with the 32kg in 5 minutes-100 reps.  Started using 40kg 1 wwek ago

Doing some farmer walks today.  I have tied a 20lb bell to my 40kg bell, the small bell rests on one side of the 40kg.  then tying my 35 lb bell to my 32kg bell.  both are not exactly the same but close enough

Brian,

Getting into the 40 for S&S is solid.  Watch your recovery now.

Great idea for those farmer's walks.  When using different weights, just turn around and switch hands to balance things out with each pass.

We do this one long but sufferable session with our classes: 10 x 2-hand swings; 35m walk (2 bells); then either push ups of goblet squats on the other side 20-1, or 1-20.  So, 10 swings, walk, 1 push ups, walk, 10 swings, walk, 2 push ups, walk, 10 swings, walk, 3 push ups, walk, and so on up to 20 (or down to 1 if you start at the top).

If you're using the right sized bells, it'll take about an hour ... and put some hair on your chest too.  Just don't do this one too often - it's like a grad session for us.

I think loaded carries are like the mortar between the bricks - the bricks are swings, DL, presses, etc ... just do some loaded carries here and there to round out a session.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom