all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB AleksSalkin 9 min challenge

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Tim Anderson talks about gripping the floor in his videos.
I would start transitioning to leopard crawling. So 90% baby crawling, 10% percent leopard crawling. When that becomes easy, 80/20. Then 70/30. And then keep going building leopard crawls until you can do them 100% of the time.
Hey, just wanted to come back to this. To my amazement, I'm now able to leopard crawl... up to almost a minute at a time. but, two sessions like that is enough (for now).

It's kind of amazing... there are a few things i felt like "I will NEVER be able to do that..." And then, suddenly - after a while, you feel you are ready... and you're there. It's like that with leopard crawling... with swings (today was my first ever 1H w/a 32)... Just keep going. Perhaps I could be progressing faster, but I'm just so pleased to see that I *AM* progressing!!

Whoa... my copy of Aleks' book just arrived and I am very, very happy with it. In fact, except for the fact that I'm going to add light pull-ups on day 3, I think this is the program I've spent the last several years of my life trying to devise. I'm going to apply a couple of periodization concepts from Easy Muscle and go hard on Alek's programming.

So now my training will look like this:

AM - 9 minute challenge

PM - Alek's book

I guess I just became a Salkinite.
Which book did you order?
Edit: don’t worry found where you mentioned it in another thread.
Just ordered it myself cheers

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Aleks Salkin has a hypertrophy program? Or the easiest way to turn a Salkin program into a hypertrophy program? He's basically mixing what I'm trying to mix (and I'm sure he's doing a much, much better job of it than I am), but we seem to have different goals.
He released one around thanksgiving called Gainsgiving if I recall correctly.

I really like Aleks’ content (programs, podcasts)…. I’ve never done one of his programs “straight through” but at times I have used items he mentions (marching/crawling)… when the weather allows!

He released one around thanksgiving called Gainsgiving if I recall correctly.

I really like Aleks’ content (programs, podcasts)…. I’ve never done one of his programs “straight through” but at times I have used items he mentions (marching/crawling)… when the weather allows!
His “add ons” look great. I have bought some, I will start incorporating them soon.

Anybody who has his “Rocking” challenge, I heard it was mentioned at some place but could not find at his online shop..

I recently tweaked my back, and have been doing only 9min challenge routines, sometimes for longer than 9min. It feels good, and I feel like I'm getting back to full capacity while not losing much.
Previously I did 9min on off days, but nearly daily has been interesting.

I recently tweaked my back, and have been doing only 9min challenge routines, sometimes for longer than 9min. It feels good, and I feel like I'm getting back to full capacity while not losing much.
Previously I did 9min on off days, but nearly daily has been interesting.
Aleks advocates his challenges to be done daily. I have benefitted daily 9 minute challenge a lot.

His “add ons” look great. I have bought some, I will start incorporating them soon.

Anybody who has his “Rocking” challenge, I heard it was mentioned at some place but could not find at his online shop..
He tends to cycle his offerings on sale and off. His email list is the best way to see what has has to offer. Toward the end of the year he usually does a “vault” sale as well where stuff from the past is brought back.

Reactions: Ege
@Ege

Oh, agreed. I just didn't do it daily previously, so it's all my fault. ;)
I was tired from More Kettlebell Muscle and other Neupert programs.

Reactions: Ege
Come to think of it, if you want to stay the minimalist route, something like high pulls would be the best of both worlds since that would hit the glutes/hams as well as the upper back.
If I may ask, what kind of version of high pulls would be good? There's a tons of variations in the interwebs. I'm asking, because I do your 9 min challenge as a stand-alone program currently and man, I love it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom