all posts post new thread

Old Forum Amino acids

• Thread starter Deleted member 316
  • Start date
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

I am sure alot of people here train fasted, but does anyone use amin acids pre and post workout? I am debating on whether to add them or not. I am currently following 5/3/1 first thing in the morning before heading to work. I usually break my fast around five, but am also debating on whether I should have a little yogurt and whey snack at that time.

Hunter,

Have something to eat with a bit of protein to prevent catabolism throughout the day. I doubt before vs after will make a noticeable difference. Digestion of whole food is a slow process, and blood amino acid levels stay mildly elevated for 4-6 hours after even a small meal.

Hunter, I'd experiment.  I find I enjoy my workouts more, and get more done, have more energy, etc., if I have a little snack beforehand.  I'm not religious about it - I do it most, but not all, the time.  I'm currently doing a routine where the reps are highest and the weight lowest on Mondays, and as the week goes on, I get heavier weights and fewer reps.  For whatever reason, running on empty for the higher-rep workouts doesn't bother me, but for the low rep stuff, it does.

JMO, YMMV.

-S-

Martin Berkhan of Lean Gains strongly advocates the use of amino acids in fasted training and has some articles on the topic on his site, you might want to have a read.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom