all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Arthritis and Arthritic Pain

TedM

Level 6 Valued Member
I am writing because, for several years, I've experienced arthritic pain in the main joint of my right largest toe.

It just hurts sometimes (randonmly) but leopard crawling exacerbates it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I am writing because, for several years, I've experienced arthritic pain in the main joint of my right largest toe.

Well… it’s not going to go away by itself…

My orthopedic surgeon(s) told me this:
Step 1. Oral Steroid
Step 2. Cortisone Injection
Step 3. Surgery to fuse the joint.

So far… the Oral Steroid has worked considerably well, although I can tell it’s starting to wane.

If you are in Europe you may also have access to anti-inflammatory radiotherapy, although I’m not sure how available it is in the United States or elsewhere…

Firstly, stop leopard crawling.

Secondly, I have rheumatoid arthritis and you may not but 200mg Celebrex daily has made a huge difference. It really is one of those drugs that does everything they claim about it.

Prior that I got away with a stack of curcumin, red krill, astaxanthan and Vitamin D recommended by Dr Mercola. I did really well on it for years, first once a day, then twice, but my disease progressed to the point I needed something pharmaceutical and Celebrex has been great.

Thirdly, whatever you adopt to mitigate whatever arthritis you have has to be supported by a low inflammation diet. You can google approaches but that has to be the base. Everything else is more difficult if you don't get your diet on point.

Good luck!

Dr Shawn baker claims he’s cured many arthritis patients with a carnivore diet. But it’s not an easy route.
My doctor recently advised me to give carnivore a go for three months because of my rheumatoid arthritis. Amazing isn't it, now this stuff is endorsed by doctors!!!!! Mind you, she simply had an open mind saying she'd heard some patients were getting good results and that giving it a go was minimal risk. No-one is going to die from eating meat for a few months

My doctor recently advised me to give carnivore a go for three months because of my rheumatoid arthritis. Amazing isn't it, now this stuff is endorsed by doctors!!!!! Mind you, she simply had an open mind saying she'd heard some patients were getting good results and that giving it a go was minimal risk. No-one is going to die from eating meat for a few months
Interesting. Is carnivore... 100% carnivore?

Interesting. Is carnivore... 100% carnivore?
I did it for 3 months and got off 5 medications for autoimmune disease. I now eat fruit and potatoes also with no ill effects. My brother who also has arthritis has done carnivore and swears his pain disappears while on it, and says it always comes back when he starts eating other stuff. I say it’s not easy because it isn’t…but if you’re in pain it might be worth a shot. It was a last resort option for me.

I agree with the above diet recommendations, and taking a look at the attached book. This book is full of testimonies of excellent results with arthritis, joints, etc.

@TedM I haven't had arthritis, but I can somewhat second the above opinions, with one addition.

First, yes, reducing inflammation is key. Diet is huge here. Whether or not you choose to try carnivore, some kind of "low-inflammation" diet is something I would check out.

Second, I would do some searching for a good lower-body physio, someone who really knows the biomechanics of the foot, knee and hip. It may be that by adjusting some of your lower limb biomechanics (hip-down, really) whatever caused one big toe and not the other to become arthritic might change. From what I've seen, the biomechanics of the foot get somewhat glazed over by most and reduced to "must have arch, no arch bad." There are 30 joints in each foot, I'd say that there's somewhat more going on than just a shape. From the sources below I have learned that the rotational capabilities of the lower limb play a big role in how that foot moves/can move.

These are not replacements for in-person care (unless you can get an online appointment with them) but here are some online physios who have social media content going into lot of lower-limb biomechanics. Should you wish to do some self-research, I highly recommend all of them.

-David Grey Rehab
-Connor Harris
-Alex Effer

Back
Top Bottom