all posts post new thread

Old Forum Awesome blog..

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jon_Frost

Level 5 Valued Member
Don't know if this has been posted or discussed yet, but I thought the blog that Pavel wrote today was brilliant.  I wish more people would read it, and understand it.  Really hit home with me today.  Well done.

Jon

Jon,

That makes two of us. Even in my 60's, I find myself "growing up" and having new dreams and goals, especially in the realm of functional strength. I'm not done by a looooooong shot and this organization  is a major reason for that.

Jim

Funny thing is a  couple of years ago it would be more likley that I had a knife and firesteel in my pocket then a phone. But since I have a kid and wife this changed, now I have a knife, firesteel and phone in pockets.

Jon, I agree:

http://www.strongfirst.com/topic/people-who-exercise-are-smarter/

Geoff & Tim's Original Strength is all about development.  Body awareness and spatial awareness is the base for intelligence.

My son was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder with global developmental delay when was 3.   The doctors and therapists said that more physical activity could help so we enrolled him in gymnastics. He's not great at it but he likes going.  He gets to move around and he does things like hang from rings and supports his body weight on the pommel horse.

He recently turned 5 and we had him re-evaluated.  Global developmental delay label is gone and he is now categorized as highly functioning autistic.  I know that the gymnastics helped tremendously.   He started going once a week.  Then twice.   I noticed that the more he went, the better he get mentally as well.

No doubt in my mind that exercise helps the brain.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom