all posts post new thread

Ballistic Strong

This looks like a great offering. Without giving away too many specifics of the programs, roughly how much time commitment are the protocols (days per week/length of session)?

It sounds like these are designed to work in conjunction with other plans, wondering if it may be an appropriate conditioning addition to Fabio’s Built Strong programs offered from strong and fit. I attempted iron cardio for conditioning alongside BtS3 but found IC to be too demanding personally to do both — perhaps ballistics could be the ticket!

This looks like a great offering. Without giving away too many specifics of the programs, roughly how much time commitment are the protocols (days per week/length of session)?

It sounds like these are designed to work in conjunction with other plans, wondering if it may be an appropriate conditioning addition to Fabio’s Built Strong programs offered from strong and fit. I attempted iron cardio for conditioning alongside BtS3 but found IC to be too demanding personally to do both — perhaps ballistics could be the ticket!
I have seen an early version of the spreadsheet, IIRC.

I think it could work well with BtS3, but better with Victorious or with only the pressing plan from BtS3. It follows the same type of waviness - so some sessions will take long and others will be short (roughly somewerhe between 15 and 60 minutes, 3x per week, I think). But maybe Kenneth has additional advice or the plan has been updated in a different way
:)

If recovery is an issue, I would personally rather use an autoregulated plan. AXE can work like this (just let the daily volume fluctuate - and maybe shy away from RPE of 8, but go for 7).

I have seen an early version of the spreadsheet, IIRC.

I think it could work well with BtS3, but better with Victorious or with only the pressing plan from BtS3. It follows the same type of waviness - so some sessions will take long and others will be short (roughly somewerhe between 15 and 60 minutes, 3x per week, I think). But maybe Kenneth has additional advice or the plan has been updated in a different way
:)

If recovery is an issue, I would personally rather use an autoregulated plan. AXE can work like this (just let the daily volume fluctuate - and maybe shy away from RPE of 8, but go for 7).
Thank you that is very helpful info!

These plans are designed to work as a standalone plan or in conjunction with strength plans, specifically BTS 3/4/6 or Plan Strong Plans.
There are 2 or 3 day/WK options.

The session durration depends on which volume is chosen when building a plan, i.e., Low, Medium or High volume.

Information pertaining to volume, bell assessment, plan execution as well as how to build a custom plan is thoroughly laid out in detail in the Ballistic Strong Manuel.

These plans are designed to work as a standalone plan or in conjunction with strength plans, specifically BTS 3/4/6 or Plan Strong Plans.
There are 2 or 3 day/WK options.

The session durration depends on which volume is chosen when building a plan, i.e., Low, Medium or High volume.

Information pertaining to volume, bell assessment, plan execution as well as how to build a custom plan is thoroughly laid out in detail in the Ballistic Strong Manuel.
Very much appreciate your response, this is great info and I’ll definitely be picking up the program. Look forward to digging into it!

Is there any solution/workaround in sight for the OS / mobile users?

Do i need to buy a Windows laptop / a Microsoft Excel license for OS now to use the spreadsheets? ;)

@Kenneth Bolyard , please comment on the current situation.

The spreadsheet is an EXCEL program and as far as I am aware works perfectly on Windows/OS desktop and mobile devices.

I am researching if the worksheet can be used with google sheets. I have been told it may be possible but would require end-user adjustments. This has yet to be confirmed.

I am in direct contact with the Strong & Fit product manager and we are working on a solution to this issue.
In the meantime a disclaimer has been posted to the product page stating thet the spreadsheet requires EXCEL.

Thanks for the heads up @Anders !

I am finishing my current program next weekend, so I haven't "played around " with the spreadsheet again since last week. I will give it another go the next days and see how to get the sheets running on my machines here. (MacOS & iPad)

Which platform(s) did you try, @Anders ?

Back
Top Bottom