all posts post new thread

Forum Business Banishing the Stronger today banner

Problems, Questions, Suggestions

lais817

Level 7 Valued Member
Am I alone in always having the "Stronger Today" banner pop up EVERY TIME I access a new page on StrongFirst.com? It absolutely does my head in - is there a way this can be turned off and only come up for first time browsers, like a cookie of some kind?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230927_115001_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230927_115001_Chrome.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 27
Hmm, mine doesn't do that. Don't know why though.

I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

-S-
Ah, you're asking about the popup with the newsletter signup option - I get that, too.

If you'd like to comment on specific behaviors of the website as regards this, please be specific about what you're seeing and about what you think might work better another way, and I'll pass it along.

-S-

Am I alone in always having the "Stronger Today" banner pop up EVERY TIME I access a new page on StrongFirst.com? It absolutely does my head in - is there a way this can be turned off and only come up for first time browsers, like a cookie of some kind?
Don't clean your cookies / browsing sessions

Ah, you're asking about the popup with the newsletter signup option - I get that, too.

If you'd like to comment on specific behaviors of the website as regards this, please be specific about what you're seeing and about what you think might work better another way, and I'll pass it along.

-S-
Thanks Steve, fair call. It seems like each and every time I access an article on the website via my phone / Chrome, I have the "Stronger Today" banner pop-up come up, which takes 5 or so seconds to be able to clear each time.

It's incredibly frustrating if I'm reading a bunch of different articles all in one go.

I don't clear my browser cache or cookies or anything, and I am subscribed to the newsletter.

I'm not tech savvy enough to do much else, and I'd rather not have to swap to a different browser as suggested above to fix the issue - Google Chrome is at least in the top 3 for most used browsers surely.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom