all posts post new thread

Old Forum Belt for Raw Deadlift Meet?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Norville Barnes

Level 5 Valued Member
I signed up for a Raw pouch / pu;; meet in early April.

I got off the park bench (last 6 mos of Easy Strength rotating workouts) and started a BP and DL cycle to focus on those lifts with assistance work other days.

I was talking to some other more experienced competitive lifters at the gym this owning and the subject of belts came up.  I have not used a belt in the last ten years, would my DL have anything to gain by adding one to my top lifts leading up to the meet, and in competition?

And if you are a belt believer, any suggested brands / types?

For reference this will be my second meet, last year I pulled 402 at a body weight of 179 lbs.  Planning on 425 this time!

Thanks,

Ken

I think most strong first guys forgo using a belt as most are not competitive lifters.Some are and choose not to use a belt while competing.A belt will certainly help you get tighter helping you create more tension while pulling heavy poundages.I myself only use a on heavier sets starting at 75 to 80% of my one rep max.Why not see where your at without a belt at this meet and then try one the next time.

I just purchased a lifting belt for my son at "Best Belts"made by a mom and pop outfit in the USA and it was top quality.I would give them a try.

Elitefts P2 powerbelt. I have a 13mm which is a little overkill for raw lifters but I like it. Broke in out of the box and it has a life time warrante. Oh and it's cheaper than Bobs belts now since they raised their prices. You might want to look in to the 6.5 mm one.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom