all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Bent press for second time!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chogun2021

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello everybody on this forum,

I already read many discussions and topics on the Strong First Forum .I am already training for many years and mainly train for the powerlifts in a combination with some strongman training, body weight training and Kettle Bells. Lately I decided to do something about my flexibility ,which is as I discovered now far below the level it should and could be. For this I decided to add Pistol squats and now since a couple of days also the Windmill together with the Bent press .I also try to lose weight with KB swings, for this I follow the protocol from Dave Whitley, described in the book I will be iron ,written by Bud Jeffries. As far as things go I like this concept. I train 2 days on 1 day off, try to stay in the 1 hour 15 minutes per workout .Bench ,Deadlift and Squat is performed about 2 times each in 12 days.
In between I do KB press ladders, Abdominal work, Pistol squats. So in short this is my training plan. Now for pistols and bent press I try to do it both 4 times in 12 days. This means every three days I do or pistols or Bent press, sometimes in the morning for practice before I do the powerlift oriented workout.
Below I want to share some videos I made today concerning the Bent press. I did them after the windmills which I did as a warm up. I know I got a lot to learn and feel my flexibility is far behind. Hopefully some of you can give comments about my videos and give me advice what I could do or change to get better at this movement. Any input would be grately appreciated.

@Chogun2021, you cannot upload a video here, see our FAQ. (You may, however, upload photos.)

Post your video somewhere public, e.g., YouTube, then post a link in your message here. Google Docs and iCloud both work if you make your video file shareable, and no doubt there are other services out there you can use.

-S-

@Chogun2021, you cannot upload a video here, see our FAQ. (You may, however, upload photos.)

Post your video somewhere public, e.g., YouTube, then post a link in your message here. Google Docs and iCloud both work if you make your video file shareable, and no doubt there are other services out there you can use.

-S-
Can I put it on facebook and then send the link?

Hi Steve can you give some comments on my video please. What is there to say about my form what can be better or what is incorrect or perhaps good?

I am sure others will chime in, but the most noticeable thing is that you are "pressing too much" with your working arm. It should not really look like you are pressing. You should be more "getting under the kettlebell." As you lean and rotate farther down the arm extends simultaneously. It should not be a two part movement, bend and then twist, it should be one fluid motion. I recommend doing it with very light weight (or a shoe or something) and practicing the motion more before using much weight.

Hi Steve can you give some comments on my video please. What is there to say about my form what can be better or what is incorrect or perhaps good?
Watch Master StrongFirst Certified Instructor @Pavel Macek here

Note how the bell's height does not change - he does not press the weight up, he presses himself away from the weight. That is what defines a bent press.

-S-

Watch Master StrongFirst Certified Instructor @Pavel Macek here

Note how the bell's height does not change - he does not press the weight up, he presses himself away from the weight. That is what defines a bent press.

-S-

@Steve Freides , thank you for sharing.
Testing program renamed from RSAS to IPM. More info soon, work in progress.

I am sure others will chime in, but the most noticeable thing is that you are "pressing too much" with your working arm. It should not really look like you are pressing. You should be more "getting under the kettlebell." As you lean and rotate farther down the arm extends simultaneously. It should not be a two part movement, bend and then twist, it should be one fluid motion. I recommend doing it with very light weight (or a shoe or something) and practicing the motion more before using much weight.

Thank you very much for the very instructional video. I think the pressing part aswell as improving my hip mobility is something I will work on the next weeks maybe months. In time I will video myself again and put it on this forum again.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom