all posts post new thread

Old Forum Beyond Bodybuilding - Calf Raise Question for Pavel and co

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NonStop

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi there, I have a question about calf raises as described i Beyond Bodybuilding, in which Pavel says; "If you drew a line through your toes it would be parallel to the ground. In other words, keep your ankle neutral and do not let your feet buckle in."

To clarify, am I right in saying that Pavel is saying its necessary to keep the toes/feet pointed directly forwards at all times? Obviously he is saying the toes should not point in, but would I also be right in saying the toes should not point out? Thank you in advance!

the reference is not about feet in or out or forward, it is about maintaining ankle stability and not allowing the ankles to buckle in which collapses the arch and breaks down the stability of the lower leg and that instability then continues up the chain.  also know as having weak feet.  toes parallel to the ground implies that the big toe and the pinky toe and all in between are in the same plane - if the ankle is allowed to buckle in then the big toe presses down and the outside of the foot lifts and the pinky toe is elevated - therefore no longer parallel with the ground - this is a weak position for the foot which could promote un-healthy pressure on the knees.  toes in or out are often used by bodybuilders to target different areas of the lower leg - different reference.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom