all posts post new thread

BigTim’s slim down

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bigtim27

Level 1 Valued Member
I started with kettlebells back in April weighing 355 lbs. I’ve been putting in lots of hard work and I’m currently sitting at 310 lbs. I figured I’d start a new log to keep track of my training.

Today’s training was fun. I love it anytime the armor complex is a part of the day. After my training I was playing around and used my 16 and 24kg bells to do a 40kg press on both sides! I was pretty pumped.Finished this session with a 2 mile walk with my little guy.

That was a tough one!! TGU with 8 snatches then the same with 5,3,2 snatches. Squats 8,5,3,2 x 3 and the same scheme for push ups!! I’m beat and so is my snatch form, It’s ugly!!!!
If anyone has any tips on snatches I’m all ears!

That was a tough one!! TGU with 8 snatches then the same with 5,3,2 snatches. Squats 8,5,3,2 x 3 and the same scheme for push ups!! I’m beat and so is my snatch form, It’s ugly!!!!
If anyone has any tips on snatches I’m all ears!

You've got a strong base to build on. Those pushups at your size looked STRONG. Looking forward to your log.

Today I just did some swings and get ups. New PR for me for get ups! It’s really awkward with small hands and two bells!

Wow, I just noticed you're doing TGU's with double bells in one hand! I have big hands and wouldn't attempt that. And 44kg presses with TWO Kettlebells in small hands, holy cow Tim, you're making us look bad!

Last edited:
Wow, I just noticed you're doing TGU's with double bells in one hand! I have big hands and wouldn't attempt that.
I wanted to see if I could do 32kg TGU and since I don’t own a 32kg bell yet I had to improvise and use my 2 16’s. I’ll be ordering a 32kg bell in the next week or two.

Today is a rest/recovery day. Did some gtg work with the 16kg and lots of walking. Got in over 5 miles already and I still have to go to work tonight. Took my little buddy out in his Mini Cooper for my walk today.

Wow!!! This was fun but really challenging. The finisher was rough and I failed on my 5th round. The push ups were just too much for me. On another note I was able to set a new rep PR for the 44kg press with 5 (not part of the plan but sometimes I just like to press)

It was beautiful out this morning. Temperatures in the low 70’s with low humidity. I love the cooler weather. I’m doing a program from Pat Flynn and I’m loving it. Here’s today’s training:

The Accumulator!! Today I upped the weights on all my exercises and still got more sets than last week!
I wanted to incorporate my new 32kg bell so I did some asymmetric presses with it and the 28.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom