all posts post new thread

Old Forum Body Comp Changes S&S, Simple Goal? [32kg men]

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Michael Corrales

Level 3 Valued Member
Just wondering what others have experienced, both men/ women.

I've been working regularly now with [really more like fighting, brawling] the 32kg in an attempt to OWN it for 1 hand swings/ TGU's.  Not quite there yet as in owning it, but can crank out the reps with a little extra time....

I've not done any scientific body comp testing.  But notice some nice changes.  Shoulders a bit broader.  More thickly muscular in general everywhere.  Body fat down a little.

My diet is admittedly my weak point and I believe that is the 90% factor in body comp.

But wondering what have others experienced in body comp changes as they hit the Simple and beyond Simple goals?

I personally noticed huge changes in body composition once I started to use the 32 with regularity.

I was always a skinny kid and remained that way through most of my twenties. The other day I met up with an old school friend whom I hadn't seen in years; he said I looked 'imposing'!

I've been using kettlebells for about two years, currently working with the 40 most days.  

Lost a lot of fat once I started swinging 32kg. I was trying to eat less but had never seen progress like this in the past. I guess it's been almost a year of S&S (been following it ever since it was accidentally released early on Amazon) and about 30 lbs, without tracking calories. I definitely think moving from more intense but unfocused exercise 4x a week to daily training helped a lot.

You know those clothes you keep in the back of the closet because you really hope they will fit again someday?  They fit!  :)

I wish it were possible to see or measure the exact composition of the muscle.  Besides less fat and more lean tissue, it seems to me that the muscle itself is more dense and steel-like.

I've always been very lean, particularly as I'd been living in China for a few years before I started KB training (lower calories + frequent bouts of food poisoning.)  When I first started training following ETK in early 2013 I was about 175-180 at 6'2".  This summer, after about six months of S&S, as I was working towards owning the 32, I cracked 205.  Even when I did bodybuilder-type training and could abuse the university cafeteria in my late teens I never crossed the 200 threshold.  Admittedly it was a little bit of pudge from time spent being fed by my chef father in law for three weeks but I've since gone back to starving student life and keep my weight between 195-200.  The funny thing is that you'd never guess I gained so much weight.  I guess that's largely due to the symmetrical development - nothing in my overall form has changed drastically, just the whole system together.

Hey Michael,

You answered your own question.  Not eating garbage is just a matter of self respect.  Several of us have recommended the Perfect Health Diet.

My observation on 10 x 10 swings with a 32 kg is that it's not just a hip hinge, but a great choice for a pull, especially if you lawnmower it.  Stronger gents, please have mercy on us weaklings.

I took 11 or so body measurements before I started and again after graduating to the 32 for both swings and TGUs. I had huge increases in a lot of places, mostly my chest, neck, and forearms (over one in in circumference on my forearms!). I was forced to buy a whole new work-shirt wardrobe. I'm on the 40 now, but I haven't gotten much bigger with that weight increase. Just bigger pipes!

A little funny from Saturday: I was doing ladder-up-and-back-down sets of swings on Saturday with a friend in the parking lot of our martial arts school. Mid-way through, I noticed people close by that kept staring at us (I figured we just looked goofy). They were waiting on another student from my school and I asked him about it later as to why they were staring so intently. He told me that was his sister-in-law that "couldn't stop staring at me because I had marvelous abs".  So all that to say that other people are apparently noticing my body composition.

I kind of started with the Simple goals accomplished and have worked my way up to the 40kg. It is indeed mostly all about what you eat and my vote also goes to a PHD style plan of "just eat real food, keep toxins low". I got stronger and undoubtedly got more muscular, but at the time was also eating like a horse so I also actually got a bit fatter whilst doing S&S.

In my experience, now that I am military pressing almost every day, the press tends to lean me out more, but that could be confounded by eating better and, in my case, less.

I started with the 16 and shed some fat without it being a goal at all. In fact, like now, I was eating a fair old portion of food post S&S. Now on the 32kg and overall, a smaller waist, bigger legs, broader back, bigger arms has been the result. I watch what I eat but in no way have I made an effort towards fat loss, mostly proper food and lots of it with chocolate, custard, ice cream thrown in when I fancy it, always post training. Gluten free though so that keeps a lot of guff off menu. I'm probably bigger than I was in my early twenties and more or less the same ish weight - 12st ish, 168lbs and I'm 50. So it looks as though it turns back the clock! Maybe when I get to the 40kg it'll reverse male pattern baldness too!

Gents, great to hear about your results! Please do me a favor and post your reviews of S&S on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Kettlebell-Simple-Sinister-Pavel-Tsatsouline-ebook/product-reviews/B00GF2HP9G/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom