all posts post new thread

Old Forum Bodyweight Mastery Advice

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Aaqib

Level 1 Valued Member
A brief introduction-A young pursuer of bodyweight strength. I've been following Strongfirst since its inception, and I have benefited a lot from the site and everyone's knowledge till now. You, gentleman and ladies, are my mentors, and have my lifetime respect and gratitude.

Question-Given my country's extremely unstable political condition and me being quite young, an SFB cert would at least be 7-8 years ahead in my future. But I need to keep getting stronger. So if you are kind enough to provide any guidelines on how to catch fish( i.e. reverse engineer and learn bodyweight feats with relative ease and some programming guidelines), it'd be very much appreciated. I would attend a cert in due time, but my country is not safe right now. We need to be more capable and stronger if we want to resume our daily lives.

Here are some of my stats, if that helps- 5 one arm pushups( feet close) with 3 second pause at the bottom, 10 pistols( 5 second pause at bottom). 60 s hollow body hold. 30 s L-sit hold, 8 dead hang ring pullups with 2 second pause at top.

My priority- Master more bodyweight feats of strength, with hard work, if necessary, but little or no confusion on how to do it.
Thanks in advance, ladies and gentlemen.

Tension--Naked Warrior

Conditioning--any of Ross Enamait's books, especially the bodyweight one

Progressions to 'feats--Building the Gymnastic Body or Overcoming Gravity

Books are your friend, as is constant experimentation, willing to be confused but try things out nonetheless, and a lot of hard work. If you can, find strong people in your area (gymnasts? Acrobats? Rock Climbers?) and learn from them as well.

Second recommendation on Overcoming Gravity by Steven Low, it has a fantastic set of progressions to accomplish pretty much any bodyweight feat; levers, planche, manna, one-arm chin-ups etc. It also has great sections on programming, so you can construct your own well thought out plans. Good resources on his <a title="website" href="www.eatmoveimprove.com">website</a> too.

If you haven't read Naked Warrior it is phenomenal for the general tension principles. It only covers two lifts, but the principles are applicable to EVERYTHING.

Hello Aaqib,

I would work towards the front and back levers if you haven't already gotten them down. They provide lots of benefits. Follow Christopher Sommer's suggestions.

Good luck.

I just want to say that what you are doing are obviously working quite well based on your feats so I'll say keep doing what you are doing and keep reading everything you can get your hands on.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom