all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Bodyweight + Single KB program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Andrej SK

- pistol and 1OPU/progressions - GTG, 3 days on, 1 day off
- I would skip the pull-ups, but if you will insist, do them 2-3 times a week, 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps. If easy, add (a light!) weight
- swing - use the program outlined by Pavel in one of his articles:

Want a simple, but effective workout? Do sets of 10 reps on the minute for as long as you can maintain maximum power. On the surface it seems like the rest is very generous, but remember that we are after power, not “burn.”

Do your swings three times a week, varying the volume. On Friday, do as many perfect sets as you can safely. On the following Monday, do 75 percent of Friday’s number and on Wednesday 50 percent. For example: If on Friday you managed 20 sets, do 15 sets on Monday and 10 on Wednesday.

Thank you Pavel, my friend. May I know why you would skip pull ups ? Because of Swings or too much complexity for Gtg ?

To build on the recommendation of NW + S&S, I've been structuring sessions lately like this and like it:
  1. Power (Swing/Snatch) > rest
  2. Strength(TGU/NW/pull-ups/etc) > rest
  3. Strength Endurance (Carries/Push-Ups/Sit-Ups/etc) > rest
  4. Conditioning (Burpees/Clean & Jerk/Swings/Sprints/etc)

Adjust volume to match how many days per week you want to train, time you have, and fill anything left over with long slow distance cardio like mentioned above. Also, I think on the minute (OTM) is about as efficient as a person can get; adjust the reps to get the desired rest, adjust the length to get the desired volume.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom