all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Brad Johnson No Hand Pull Ups

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CJ

Level 5 Valued Member
I have been doing "no hand pull ups" as described by brad johnson in his book extreme body weight conditioning. How do you transition to a traditional pull up, and is there a reason too. Or would it be better to stick with them due too the enhanced targeting of the lats? I have struggled for a long time with getting my lats involved in pull ups.

thanks

I love/need the strength that is developed by them for my work, and will also need them for testing purposes down the road. Put your arms in ab strap or lifting belts and drive your shoulders/elbows into them until your chin clears the bar. Have the pic from the book below

no hand pull ups.jpg

I've always thought of the 'no-hands' pull-ups described in Brad Johnsons book as being a way to still train pull-ups with elbow issues.
(Personally I would look at troubleshooting the root cause of the elbow issue)
But back to the OP's question... I would just slowly start integrating regular ones, and see how it goes...

i did that alot few years ago when i wanted to do muscle up. that exercise builds lots of strength in foream.
for the lats, how about few karate chop on the lats before each sets? it works for me

Grip in video is aka false grip.
False grip being beneficial grip for the gymnastic ring muscle-up.
False-grip hang is the initial progression.

None of which relates to the OP sling-based 'no hand pull'.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom