all posts post new thread

Old Forum Cardio and Justa singles

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marino

Level 5 Valued Member
I've just started doing one of Justa's singles programmes which I plan to follow for the next few weeks.  It's the one where you practice 3 lifts (pistols, pull-ups and KB military presses in my case) and do 4 reps of each, daily, starting at 70% of 1RM gradually increasing the %1RM over 3 weeks before starting again at 70%.   It's a bit too short a work-out so I've added in a couple of heavy TGUs and a neckbridge iso.

What's really missing is the cardio element.  Anyone have any suggestions?   I'm not sure if the S&S swings would help or hinder the pure strength element of the programme, and I am not a fan of long jogs because they aggravate a knee injury.

Thanks Pavel.  The 10000 swing challenge fits perfectly with this Justa singles programme.  The daily dose of 500 swings is split up into 20 rounds (10, 15, 25 and 50) x 5.  With the 3 lifts I'm doing, there are 20 reps (4 pull ups, 4 pistols on each leg and 4 clean and presses each side), so I do 1 round of swings and 1 rep of whatever strength move.  Although after a 50 swing round I am quite tired, I seem to have enough energy to focus on proper form and tension for a strength move.  The whole workout takes about 35 minutes depending on rest periods.  I add some mixed up TGUs at the end so I don't go backwards from where I got to in S&S.

Half way through the 10000 challenge today and the Justa singles continue to fit in very well even though I have upped the weight on the swings (28kg for first 3000, 32kg for next 1500 and 36kg for the latest 500).  Swing fatigue doesn't seem particularly to affect the energy required for single pistols, pull-ups, presses in the 70 to 80% 1RM range, or TGUs.  With the TGUs, I might do 44LR, 40LR, 36LR, 32LR, 28LR or just 5x24LR or something in between.  This seems to be maintaining the TGU  groove nicely even with the heavy bells, which is strange because I am sure my arms and shoulders are losing mass.  Although I haven't chosen this routine to get me closer to the sinister goals I am hoping that there is carry over after the end of the challenge.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom