all posts post new thread

Programming Improv Chad Waterbury high frequency training program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I think the reason many burnout with high frequency is that they treat the sessions as workouts as opposed to practice, which is often a problem with GTG.
Exactly! If you’re truly doing high frequency then you’re thinking more about what you’re lifting tomorrow than what you’re actually lifting today - recovery is the no 1 priority. After decades of two maybe three workouts weekly, I got into daily or near daily lifting after reading Pavel and hearing the opinions of some very smart people on this forum. Everything stays so fresh when you turn up at the gym today to do what you did only yesterday or perhaps the day before - it was truly a lightbulb moment! I believe that PTTP over five days and Justa Singles No 1 over 7 days hit the sweet spot in terms of optimal volume and intensity - follow the program as written and you don’t overtrain. I’d add that even if you think you’re going to workout on five to seven days weekly, in reality you almost certainly won’t. And those additional rest days are gold - certainly not to be avoided.

Last edited:
You can check Norwegian method if you want high frequency for powerlifting.

And high frequency is IMHO pretty much mandatory for certain exercises. Currently I am polishing my freestanding strict HSPUs to be smooth and light, and I can't imagine how would I do it with less than 4 weekly sessions.

If that's true, i'd be upset if I were an author. I can see then, why there's always a picture of some super jacked guy who's very likely on PEDs alongside articles where he clearly didn't use that method to get that big.
There is a jacked guy in article about jumping jacks :D

The quality of articles on T-Nation decreased somehow during past few years.

Exactly! If you’re truly doing high frequency then you’re thinking more about what you’re lifting tomorrow than what you’re actually lifting today - recovery is the no 1 priority. After decades of two maybe three workouts weekly, I got into daily or near daily lifting after reading Pavel and hearing the opinions of some very smart people on this forum. Everything stays so fresh when you turn up at the gym today to do what you did only yesterday or perhaps the day before - it was truly a lightbulb moment! I believe that PTTP over five days and Justa Singles No 1 over 7 days hit the sweet spot in terms of optimal volume and intensity - follow the program as written and you don’t overtrain. I’d add that even if you think you’re going to workout on five to seven days weekly, in reality you almost certainly won’t. And those additional rest days are gold - certainly not to be avoided.
There’s also the problem of the initial spurt of progress. I’m guilty of this myself. When you see it working, you assume more is better. You hit a PR one day and think “hey, I could probably do better tomorrow! And the next day!”

When I did the mind over muscle program, my lifts shot up after the first week. So much to my disbelief, I had to check if I put too much weight on the bar. The problem I encountered was, I kept the intensity high instead of moderating it and felt like death by the peak week.

There is a jacked guy in article about jumping jacks :D

The quality of articles on T-Nation decreased somehow during past few years.
This is the problem with having to post new content daily.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom