all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Challenge with posture

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Hi,

I am a 37 year old man. I have trained strength training and some endurance for 10 years. I have an office job.

I am noticing I am often having a somewhat bad posture, where I am slouching. It is particular my upper back that is slouched. I can stand straight, but it feels kind of unnatural, and what feels disturbingly "natural" is to have a goose neck. It seems almost like my tendons and ligaments are being quite used to leaning forward.

Anyway. I was wondering if anyone have any tips on what to do to prevent this from getting worse, and maybe even fixing it.

All answers are welcome.

Anders
Hello Anders,

Here are some tips that may help:

Strengthen your back muscles: Weak back muscles can contribute to poor posture. Try adding exercises such as rows, pull-ups, and lat pull-downs to your strength training routine to target your upper back muscles.

Stretch your chest muscles: Tight chest muscles can pull your shoulders forward and contribute to slouching. Stretch your chest muscles regularly to help counteract this. Try a doorway stretch or use a foam roller to target the muscles.

Take breaks: If you have an office job requiring you to sit for long periods, take breaks and move around regularly. Even standing up and stretching for a minute can help improve your posture.

Hello, I would recommend P3 Protocol from Geoff Neupert.

Posture is a reflexive issue and this protocol will help you with reestablishing proper neural pathways.

Original Strength would work too since both of this approaches use neurodevelopmental sequence, but I just prefer structured programming found in P3 Protocol.
If you don't mind, What are the P3 moves and where can I read about them from Geoff?

Back
Top Bottom