all posts post new thread

Nutrition Coffee Nap

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JeffC

Level 7 Valued Member
I just heard of the coffee nap. I do it, but never connected the dots until now. A 20 minute coffee nap is proven to be more beneficial than coffee or napping separately.

In the afternoon, after morning training, hiking, biking, sking, etc., eat lunch, have coffee, and nap before the caffeine kicks in. You will wake, not feeling groggy and refreshed, and ready for the rest of your day, as if you had rested longer.

I love naps. To hijack a quote "Naps and deadlifts go together like vodka and pickles."

Last edited:
This is what I used to do when driving tired (when I was working in the sticks and driving back at the weekends). Pull over, have a cupnof coffee from the thermos, set a timer and then in 20mins I could actually get home safely without crashing :).

I do this at work, over my lunch break. I have some caffiene with lunch then go out to my car and set my timer for a 25 minute power-nap. I don't actually sleep, just rest and doze, but I come back feeling fresh and energized, ready to go again. It does help to combat the 2 pm crash.

What is this caffeine kick you speak of? The one I sometimes get after a whole litre pot? It''s rather inconvenient to drink before a nap.

Thanks Geoff, this is new to me and I'm going to give it a go.

Sometimes in a nightshift right after a cup of black strong coffee I "pass out" for a moment and when I wake up, I feel lot of better than a nap without coffee. Over a two decades of self experiment under my belt.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom