all posts post new thread

Old Forum Conor Mcgregor

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mike E

Level 5 Valued Member
This is interesting:  http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/conor-the-notorious-mcgregor-breaks-series-of-records-in-sport-science-documentary-30903545.html

Anyone know him?  What is his training methodology?  Just curious.  Thanks in advance.

He is an up and coming star in the sport of mma.  He is a relative new comer to the ufc.  He has torn through all of his competition so far, but some have questioned the level of competition.  But more than being just a fighter, he has a knack for self promotion.  His next fight will be for the ufc featherweight title.  There are some who believe this will be his first real test at the upper echelon.  He is not expected to tear through Aldo like he has everyone else.

Thanks.  He made short work of Dennis Siver this weekend.  His balance and coordination seems pretty incredible to me.  His jabs and straight punches were very quick.  I didn't realize the damage he was doing with them until I noticed Siver's face was starting to look like hamburger.  When Mcgregor first came into the ring he did a lap crawling, very loose, very coordinated and fast.  He moves very well on all fours.  He is very confident, I'm curious how he will do against Aldo.

Just found this:  http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-conor-mcgregor-is-the-future-of-mixed-martial-arts

Mcgregor also appears to have a background in Irish dancing and Capoeira.

Conor:  "“A lot of these guys talk about Capoeira”, he went on. “But take it from me, Irish Dancing is the original and pre-eminent form of unarmed-combat-disguised-as-dancing.”"

Chinese martial arts masters say (about the bamboo): "The higher it grows, the lower it bows".

Conor is a great athlete and great fighter, but very cocky guy. I understand UFC is a show business, but please, don't turn beautiful sport of MMA into a professional wrestling theater.

MMA will never be like professional wrestling unless politics gets involved and makes a farce out of it.   Much of Chinese martial arts is as much of a farce as professional wrestling.  I don't mind a cocky man if he can back up his talk.  We'll see what he's made of, okay?  It's the quiet guys who stab you in the back, I don't mind assholes who speak their minds, mostly they're honest and you know where their coming from.  I'm glad there are true warriors, the martial arts, boxing etc, as an honest outlet for those of us with "issues".   Talk as loud as you want, just show what you can do.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom