all posts post new thread

Old Forum Consolidating Endurance with Strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

the spaniard

Level 4 Valued Member
This has been something I've been dabbling in for a while and I wanted to get other people's opinions on it. Naturally I'm more predisposed to working on my maximal strength than constant (and boring IMO) endurance routines. Since I have to take an APFT every so often I begrudgingly have to go back to sets of regular push ups to get my endurance up. I'm not bad at push-ups, I normally get 80 or so. Most of my training revolves either around powerlifting, bodyweight strength work, and the occassional KB work here and there.

I've found that working on similar movement patterns with a strength bias have helped keep my endurance up. For instance, when I was working on tuck planches and press to handstands I found that when I went to take my test, my pushups had not suffered but stayed the same despite not having done any regular pushups. The same has happened when working on OACs. My pull up numbers stay relatively the same. Does anyone else feel the same way? Do you guys find that increasing strength gains prevent your endurance (just in bw exercises) from dropping?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom