all posts post new thread

Old Forum Cool PTTP success story

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Hank Hansen

Level 1 Valued Member
About a year ago an colleague of my then girlfriend visited us. He took a look at my library of strenghts related books. He worked out at a commercial gym, mostly doing machine based exercises.

I gave him PTTP to get a new perspective of training and he seemed quite interested. A few weeks later he came to my house to return the book. He loved it and had me clarify some things because he´s not that good with the english language. He also told me that he´s like to do a squatting exercise "for his spindly legs". I recommended that he´d insert some cycles with the zercher squat.

My girlfriend and I broke up and since he was her friend we didn´t hear from each other again. Now yesterday I got a message from him on facebbok. He told me that he was dilligently following the book I gave him and that he made great progress.We chatted a bit and he told me that he went from having a pot belly to merely having some love handles.... and that nonetheless he gained 11 kg of bodyweight. :0! Mind you, the guy is in his mid 40s. So I wrote with this kind of gains in muscle I recon he did the Bear program. His answer: "Yes, but only on fridays, the other days I did the normal program as described." Lol! So it turned out that he did pttp during the week and on fridays he did a Bear workout. That´s how he somehow understood the book. On weekends he would rest and eat. He alternated cycles of DL / sidepress and zercher squat / floor press. That´s all he did. I think those are amazing gains! He wrote that in the beginning 75 kg x5 was hard for him in the DL. Now he´s lifting 155 kg x5. Normally I´d say these are "internet"-gains, but I believe him.

Guess that´s what you get from sticking to the plan ... even if you´ve got the plan somehow mixed up :)

To me, the amazing thing about this story is that you lent someone a book and he returned it.

That's never happened to me. When I "lend" a book, I just assume I will never see it again.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom